Ever made it to Belize? Maybe college down there? | Squat the Planet

Ever made it to Belize? Maybe college down there?

A

AnOldHope

Right, so my job lets me work online. It's very expensive to live in the US, and I think there is increasing possibility (perhaps not likely but trending towards plausible) that the US is will undergo severe decline if not collapse relatively soon.

Belize. It's not too expensive to live, and they have a college down there where I can study mathematics relatively cheaply compared to the US.

Also if it hits the fan I'd like to be in a nicer climate, and not at ground zero for the collapse.

Any of you been down there, or studied there?

A

AnOldHope

why bother studying if it's all going to shit?

I find knowledge to be it's own reward, and mathematics will serve the survivors well.

Much of the great knowledge of the past occurred in times of general decline.

Even if it's just a way to occupy myself and develop my mind, that has value, and if the shit winds not happening (or to a lesser scale), improved knowledge of mathematics will still serve me well.

Why learn? Why not?

ped

Glorified monkey
Banned
Reaction score
college - learning

new car - happiness

badda ba ba ba I'm loving it! Just do it! They're grrrreat!

Last edited:
Reaction score
I find knowledge to be it's own reward, and mathematics will serve the survivors well.

Much of the great knowledge of the past occurred in times of general decline.

Even if it's just a way to occupy myself and develop my mind, that has value, and if the shit winds not happening (or to a lesser scale), improved knowledge of mathematics will still serve me well.

Why learn? Why not?

Sent from my iPhone using Squat the Planet Mobile

Reaction score
Real friends, Real Skills and Real assets. I think will be the most important... no matter were you at.

I definitely like your style my friend, things probably are not gona go down like we think so remember...

The only constant thing in life is change broski!
Love your life!
Sincerely Mac Random

A

AnOldHope

Real friends, Real Skills and Real assets. I think will be the most important... no matter were you at.

I definitely like your style my friend, things probably are not gona go down like we think so remember...

The only constant thing in life is change broski!
Love your life!
Sincerely Mac Random

I think location will play some part. Right now I'm in the middle of an area with many many evangelical conservative Christian Trump supporters punctuated with little pockets of meth users, who also support Trump. If the infrastructure collapses, their unity (as hateful and self-contradictory as it is) will give them an early advantage in the carnage demolition derby of civilization that will follow. I don't want to be in their territory once it's openly theirs.

I've never lived anywhere tropical, I think I'd like to try it. The possibocalypse isn't solely determinative, but it lends weight to the "fuck it, go live in Belize" urge.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads