Europe and warrants

DFA

Reaction score
Website
wemakezines.ning.com
What's up guys.
So I haven't posted here in awhile, and admins can move my thread if this belongs somewhere else,
but I got a question, if any of ya'll can help me it would be greatly appreciated!

Has anyone gone to Europe with warrants and not got busted?
My partner is going with me to Germany for Zorofest in the next two weeks, he's playing on the Saturday, but he got detained on
a traffic stop in Elkhart, Indiana last summer, the cops took a small bag of shrooms out of his car, and then he got a very unclear letter in the mail a couple months later saying he owed money, but not really clearly stating he had a warrant. I tried calling the sheriff's office for him, but the fucking cunt on the other line said she won't release his info for me.

If you guys could help me out with this, it would be great to know!

H

helcat

Germany is probably the worst country to fly into. They're diligent as fuck and bust more people at customs than most other EU countries. I highly doubt they know a thing, but given how once you're in europe you can travel to all european countries with no passport by rail, hitch, whatever, I wouldn't fly into germany or england. Fly into poland and you aren't far and no troubles.

• Haha
Reactions: strobelight

ByronMc

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Elkhart, Indiana,is a too far from New York,where you most likely,are flying out of. They may hold him,to see what Indiana,wants to do,but it would cost way too much,for them to get him .

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
okay just to clarify, this is a misdemeanor, correct? drug possession in the usa?

if that's the case, they're not going to give a fuck, and you won't have any trouble getting out of the country. like others have suggested, i don't think going directly to germany would be ideal. i can't say for sure because ive never flown into anywhere in europe besides amsterdam, but some countries check you out when you enter their country, but most of the time it's to make sure you have a return ticket, and enough money that you're not going to be a bum in their country.

but, i can't imagine germany being a very cheap flight either. i'd recommend looking into going to amsterdam, since both times i was there there was either no customs at all or just a guy at a doorway that just waved me through, and boom, i was in the netherlands.

it's not a ton of money to get a train from there to germany, again, like others have said, it's super easy to go to other countries in the EU without having to show a passport or customs checks.

anyways, back to your question, you really only have to worry about leaving the usa (or getting back in) if you have a felony that hasn't been resolved yet.

Reactions: ByronMc

landpirate

campervan untilising nomadic traveller
Reaction score
I might be being really dumb here and I'm ready for people to point that out, but is there any reason that your partner can't phone the police himself and find out what the letter means or if there is a warrant? he's not handing himself in merely making a phone call. Don't tell the police where you are, call from a pay phone. I really doubt they're going to hunt you down. My ex phoned the police here in the UK to find out if there was a warrant. Turns out there was, he calmly hung the phone up and then managed to avoid being arrested for another 2 years. They didn't come looking for him was just a chance fuck up on his front that he finally got caught.

Anyway good luck, Hope you both manage to make your trip and then get back home without a problem.

ByronMc

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
I might be being really dumb here and I'm ready for people to point that out, but is there any reason that your partner can't phone the police himself and find out what the letter means or if there is a warrant? he's not handing himself in merely making a phone call. Don't tell the police where you are, call from a pay phone. I really doubt they're going to hunt you down. My ex phoned the police here in the UK to find out if there was a warrant. Turns out there was, he calmly hung the phone up and then managed to avoid being arrested for another 2 years. They didn't come looking for him was just a chance fuck up on his front that he finally got caught.

Anyway good luck, Hope you both manage to make your trip and then get back home without a problem.
the cops won't tell you over the phone,as they know most won't come in !

DFA

Reaction score
Website
wemakezines.ning.com
It's too late to change the location, I looked into flying into amsterdam, but it was $300 cheaper to fly into frankfurt then anywhere else. I'm not too worried about it, but I wanted to get other's opinions on it.
When I flew into berlin last time they just stamped my passport and that was it, nothing else said, so I really don't think they care. However, that was berlin, and this time it's frankfurt, so maybe the customs there are different.

DFA

Reaction score
Website
wemakezines.ning.com
Okay so update:
Everything is fine, we got into germany no problem.
I wanted to update this just in case anyone else was looking at this thread who has
any drug charges wanting to leave the US

Edit: Canada however, still not sure about.
My friend Martin from vile intent says they are dicks about drug charges :/

DFA

Reaction score
Website
wemakezines.ning.com
*sigh* okay another update: so my partner left Germany earlier then me, and said he got searched really hard at the airport when he returned to the states. some guy put a yellow c on his customs slip. He was the only one who got searched. We are pretty sure his info from Indiana came up and that is why they searched him. Fucking fascist pricks. I just wanted to make sure to update this thread with anything to help other people out.....

Reaction score
I am wondering about a trip partner myself. He isn’t a user, but has personal debts, maybe taxes owed in the states. Am I gonna get hassled for Him tagging along? Since He is applying for His first US passport, do they run all that stuff , before issuing it? Then get Him at the airport? He doesn’t owe child support that I know of. I heard they DO get people leaving for that, how about the other stuff? Detained coming and or going? I do not need any more hassles than I got already. Any thoughts , Ideas, suggestions and or experiences would be helpful thanks

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
I am wondering about a trip partner myself. He isn’t a user, but has personal debts, maybe taxes owed in the states. Am I gonna get hassled for Him tagging along? Since He is applying for His first US passport, do they run all that stuff , before issuing it? Then get Him at the airport? He doesn’t owe child support that I know of. I heard they DO get people leaving for that, how about the other stuff? Detained coming and or going? I do not need any more hassles than I got already. Any thoughts , Ideas, suggestions and or experiences would be helpful thanks

if you're just worried about taxes/debt, don't be. i've left the country twice with huge amounts of debt and never got asked or hassled about it going either direction.

Reactions: thefreelifelover

DrewSTNY

Reaction score
if you're just worried about taxes/debt, don't be. i've left the country twice with huge amounts of debt and never got asked or hassled about it going either direction.
Debts are a civil matter, the TSA is only worried about right wing extremists.

Unless it's a huge tax bill, like many thousands/millions, they probably won't care either

Reactions: Matt Derrick
Reaction score
Thanks, I was curious as he is LARGE fellow hard for others to NOT see, Him He tends to stand out. I would hate for Him to get jailed and ruin travels,

Reactions: Matt Derrick

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads