Eurohobo Zine

RnJ

PilgrimAflame
StP Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone can verify that this zine exists, or have you seen it? I'm looking to get a copy. Sorry in advance if it's something I shouldn't be asking for. I know veggieguy was looking for it at one point too.

lowerarchy

Reaction score
I had one, got it from widerstand ages ago. It's pretty slim on the practical info but cool nonetheless. There are only a few rideables that differ from the North American network, you could probably just scope them out yourself or ask around at squats if you're in Europe.

Wish I still had it, I'd totally send you a copy:(

Cardboard

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
If you are looking to ride in Europe, I have done quite a bit of research, and can point you in some good directions. I have yet to ride here yet, but have finally found people who have, and quite some maps and schedules.
I started a similar thread some time ago (looking for this zine), most people directed me to widerstand, maybe try sending a pm his way and see if hell send you one for the price of printing and shipping?

RnJ

PilgrimAflame
StP Supporter
Reaction score
I do not yet have plans to go to Europe, but I'm very interested in what's possible internationally. I am thinking I'll head out in about 2 or so years from now and might go through Europe to get to where I'm going. I'd like it to be public transportation- and flight-free.

RnJ

PilgrimAflame
StP Supporter
Reaction score
Cardboard, if you have something substantial enough to help me plan my route, then I'd be interested in seeing it. For example, if you had a good overview of what the best route from W to E Europe would be. I'm more in need of a solid overview than specifics schedules at this point. Maps sure would be neat though.

If you do have anything easily sent to an email address, that would be fantastic. Otherwise, I'll just contact you if/when I need more details. Thanks.

Cardboard

Banned
Reaction score
the maps I am speaking of now are for france, mostly. the schedules are a nice thing to have, albeit unneccessary. I guess though that you can find country specific railmaps with a simple google search, as without a culture of freight riding, there is little to no security. I think this is true in a lot of countries, as outside of the US, when I search for them, I have really easily been able to find detailed maps and schedules of lots of freight. I guess coming from e-w should be fairly easy, but there are quite some options, so I couldnt say a "best".

Cardboard

Banned
Reaction score
sorry, I lost this link before, but here is a solid way to get as far east as budapest:
http://www.rail-link-europe.com/rail-transport-services.php
the thing is, there are several freight companies in europe, this is only one of them. Im sure there are a lot of other options, but heres maps and schedules, doesnt get much easier than that.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads