eu trip..squats? friends?

L

leahretta

Hello~
So I'm currently squatting in Dublin but because of the fekin visa laws, I'm only able to stay 3 months. So I'm planning a trip in Europe for 3 months. I'm very broke so I was considering like a helpx or something, but do to a crappy host in the past, I kinda want to do something else. I guess what I'm looking for is squats and gatherings in Europe as well as a travel buddy. Anyone know of places taking ppl in? Anyone traveling Europe on an extremely low budget? I play mandolin and wouldn't mind busking with someone (but I am a beginner..so...).
I'm basically open to anything at this point. I'm in London on June 27th ready to travel.

Also, I've heard rumors of berry picking farms where they don't check visas or anything. Anyone know of any jobs similar to that where they pay and maybe offer food and accommodation?
Thx

Glaneur

Reaction score
Hello~
So I'm currently squatting in Dublin but because of the fekin visa laws, I'm only able to stay 3 months. So I'm planning a trip in Europe for 3 months. I'm very broke so I was considering like a helpx or something, but do to a crappy host in the past, I kinda want to do something else. I guess what I'm looking for is squats and gatherings in Europe as well as a travel buddy. Anyone know of places taking ppl in? Anyone traveling Europe on an extremely low budget? I play mandolin and wouldn't mind busking with someone (but I am a beginner..so...).
I'm basically open to anything at this point. I'm in London on June 27th ready to travel.

Also, I've heard rumors of berry picking farms where they don't check visas or anything. Anyone know of any jobs similar to that where they pay and maybe offer food and accommodation?
Thx

Interesting post, any progress yet? I am in Northern Europe, but planning to travel in Europe in July, possibly also late June. With regards to your questions:

- Have you tried hosting sites like couchsurfing and bewelcome to stay for free with people?

- Some use helpx but apparently you don't like it, how about WWOOFing?

- Do you dumpster for food in Ireland, and have you considered looking at for example trashwiki.org to find bins?

Hmm, that is what I can think of right now... It depends a little on which areas you are targeting and what kind of things you want to see / do. Please also elaborate on what you mean with gatherings..

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Hello~

Thx

you could try doing some research on www.squat.net, and i think there's some decent squats in london, maybe @landpirate knows more?

is there anything you can tell us about squatting in ireland? i heard they had a squatting conference out there a while back and i've been curious to know more about the squatting community out there ever since.

drynyn

Reaction score
Keep in mind that with WOOFing there is often the expectation that you are into the organic, sustainable farm lifestyle and are looking to learn. The last one I did they weren't really happy with my lack of experience, etc.

It depends on the host, of course. Some are just happy to have free labour.

Whereamiwhatdoido

Reaction score
The European rainbow gathering will be in August till September, current location information is "somewhere in the alps" if that fits in with your travelling plans it might be a worthwhile check-in, that's doable on a low budget for sure.

Besides that, I guess it really depends on what kind of things you want to do, many major cities in europe has squats and squatters, some even have squatters culture, all it takes is to bump into the right people at the right time on the right circumstances then you're down for a thrill.

I am in Denmark, if you need a place to stay around Randers, "jutland" you can hit me up.

roguetrader

Reaction score
OK ive done plenty of crop / picking work in England and unfortunately most of the farms here want you 'on the books' these days which means doing it legally..... you could be lucky and find a cash in hand farm but generally not...
cool make up by the way very Tom G Warrior ! English festivals are a good place to meet a lot of people quickly and find 'the scene' over here - just pick one in your area of interest and get chatting to the punters - people are more receptive to strangers at parties than they are in the street.... good luck

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads