EU Dreamz: Leaving the US once and for all | Squat the Planet

EU Dreamz: Leaving the US once and for all

Tyler65

Reaction score
Website
whatatimetobealivenotesfromthefringe.blogspot.com
Thinking about a EU adventure for possible long term relocation.....never been before, but with the US likely spitting out more monies to use folks here(maybe $2k/month) I may finally have a nice nest egg to get the hell out of here. Probabably wouldn't be until 2021 i'd imagine with all the readjustments to the NEW NORMAL.

I also have some options in BIg Island Hawaii(Puna) with my friends vegan land project, as well as Costa Rica. I'd also love to plug into Sadhana Forest in India, but the wet bulb temps and general instability in the region give me pause....

Thoughts? Maybe I can marry a radical redhead bae and get that sweet EU multi-pass....:p

Cheers :)

• Best of Luck!
Reactions: Juan Derlust

MFB

Reaction score
Thinking about a EU adventure for possible long term relocation.....never been before, but with the US likely spitting out more monies to use folks here(maybe $2k/month) I may finally have a nice nest egg to get the hell out of here. Probabably wouldn't be until 2021 i'd imagine with all the readjustments to the NEW NORMAL.

I also have some options in BIg Island Hawaii(Puna) with my friends vegan land project, as well as Costa Rica. I'd also love to plug into Sadhana Forest in India, but the wet bulb temps and general instability in the region give me pause....

Thoughts? Maybe I can marry a radical redhead bae and get that sweet EU multi-pass....:p

Europe is big my friend. If you can give a more specific region I could share some experiences. Cost of living would be the first thing I would look into if I were you.

In regards to HI; have you ever lived on an island? I lived on St Thomas for ten months and being surrounded by ocean did wierd stuff to my head. But, that may be bc I am crazy. Not being able to 'keep going' driving, cycling, running gave me an unsettled feeling. Something to think on.

Costa rica is dope, very much like the US in regards to infrastructure and standard of living, and most tikos speak a fair bit of english. Itll be the easiest to move to long term out of all the places you mentioned. 👍

D

Deleted member 23824

Can you just arbitrarily decide to move to the EU? Wouldn’t there be a time limit to it? Can you get work permits - or at least work -easily enough to support yourself? After this situation calms down - and who knows how long that will take - I’d think there would be little chance of obtaining work-permits for non-EU citizens, unless you are highly skilled. I have always liked the idea of living there part-time after retirement, which I am now, but many parts are expensive. I am not too interested in spending much time in the affordable parts ( Eastern Europe) though.

Tyler65

Reaction score
Website
whatatimetobealivenotesfromthefringe.blogspot.com
Can you just arbitrarily decide to move to the EU? Wouldn’t there be a time limit to it? Can you get work permits - or at least work -easily enough to support yourself? After this situation calms down - and who knows how long that will take - I’d think there would be little chance of obtaining work-permits for non-EU citizens, unless you are highly skilled. I have always liked the idea of living there part-time after retirement, which I am now, but many parts are expensive. I am not too interested in spending much time in the affordable parts ( Eastern Europe) though.

The EU is trickiest indeed from the places I mentioned...I live rather unconventionally though so I would have very little overhead, doing work/trade, barter etc.

Thats one nice thing about Hawaii-EBT resources and no issues with earning monies really.

LuckyMinnie

Reaction score

The only other country I've ever been to is Canada, so it's not like I have any experience to go on. But just judging by things I've read and YouTube videos, I would not put down the 'affordable' parts of Europe. I think if you want to have a well rounded experience and really get to know Europe, you should not only go to Ireland, France or Germany but also go to Croatia, Romania and Russia. If I had the chance to go overseas, there's no way I'd leave those places out. Think about it. This is going to be the experience of a lifetime. You don't want to miss anything. Anyhow, this is just my opinion. Another thing is don't count your chickens before they hatch. Has congress and the senate actually passed a bill to give people $2,000 a month for the next several months? I know there's been talk about it, but I don't know if it's actually passed.

• Love It

coltsfoot

Reaction score
It used to be that u could just leave the EU to a neighboring non EU country before the end of the 90 days and just reenter to renew ur tourist visa. Idk what it will be like with the new online application system coming next year.

In my experience it's always better to not mention anything about work trade or whatever around borders, even if it's legit because one of their red flags is the word work. Better to say youve been saving up for this ancestry tour or whatever and you have a lot of money in the bank and you have a job to get back to etc.

Europe is great for travelin tho. Good luck

Reactions: Supernaut

Supernaut

Reaction score
It used to be that u could just leave the EU to a neighboring non EU country before the end of the 90 days and just reenter to renew ur tourist visa. Idk what it will be like with the new online application system coming next year.

In my experience it's always better to not mention anything about work trade or whatever around borders, even if it's legit because one of their red flags is the word work. Better to say youve been saving up for this ancestry tour or whatever and you have a lot of money in the bank and you have a job to get back to etc.

Europe is great for travelin tho. Good luck
I thought you could just go from living in Spain for a little less than
90 days and then go somewhere outside of schengen for 90 days. Then back to Spain. Wherever I read this it sounded very simple lol. Could someone clarify for me?

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads