equal rights equal fights?

trash diver

Reaction score
Sometimes love hurts. sounds like a cliche, but its true.

MiztressWinter

Like A Boss
Reaction score
The way I figure it is...If physical fighting comes into the picture, I'm out the door. If it's him trying to hit me, or me wanting to hit him, either way. I'm not down with physical fighting in any way, shape or form unless I'm fighting to defend myself. But if defending myself becomes something I have to do in a relationship, or if the urge to hit my partner whom I'm supposed to love and trust becomes an issue, then I would have to step back and look at the bigger picture...which to me is that the relationship is disfunctional and no good for me. I don't WANT to be in a relationship where I have to hit someone or be hit. I hate drama. I hate fighting. Verbal arguments are unaviodable at times, but if it becomes physical, forget it. i'm out the door. Period.

Reactions: Dirtbaguette

Nelco

Reaction score
thats perfect wording. respect

Physical and verbal violence (abuse) will never have anything to do with any sort of Equality. Its the complete opposite...

i never understood how acting like a brosive qualifies you as an equaler female..

M

Mouse

never understood it either. Seems like people want to think that being equal to a man means I gotta act like a man... sorry, I'm a god damned girl and I will behave how I behave, no gender bias, just ME.

Beegod Santana

Reaction score
I've always strongly believed that the only time a man should strike a woman with violent intent is in self-defense when all other options have been exhausted.

Power-exchange sexual scenarios with consenting individuals is another thing entirely though.

If a girl where to start hitting me whenever she got drunk she wouldn't see me around very long. I've learned to control my violent tendencies and instincts, yes, even when drinking, and I expect the same of anyone I'm in a relationship with. Using violence to solve petty relationship issues is a sign of mental weakness to me, and I prefer me a woman with a good head on her shoulders.

acrata4ever

Reaction score
26 percent of americans are mentally ill. that means if you meet 100 women in a given year 26 of them are going to hit you on the back of the head with a frying pan. in my state they also take your weight into consideration. but officer she hit me in the head with a rolling pin then maced me! shes 125lbs youre 195 lbs you are so doing 6 months and a felony record for domestic violence end of story. youd rather be beaten by the police than beaten by a woman. they always win you always lose. dont even go back for your shit and cat consider it gone just go run for your life and pray she doesnt come back and stalk you. i swear to christ i got psycho magnet tattooed on my head.

AnthraxMatt

Reaction score
im not one for physical violence, dont like to hit anyone unless i happen to get into a fight. only way i like to be hit is maybe every once in a while, if shes a freak in the sack... and for verbal abuse, thats pretty damn stupid too.

RubyOutlaw

Reaction score
Really you think they can take your passport for a felony???
About the passport, if you go to the fed passport site, it states that the only crime(s) that will get your passport revoked would be terrorism or something to do with treason. I am a convicted felon and still eligeable for a passport...However, certain countries (like canada- which won't let you in even for a misdemeanor conviction) can deny you entry...

RubyOutlaw

Reaction score
I can't hit like a man so a man should never hit me. end of story.
Regardless of whether you can hit like a man or not, when there is a relationship the emotional dynamic is completely different. I have been told that I hit like a man, many of my closest dude friends steer clear of me when I am looking to fight. That being said, I have been in these sorts of fucked off relationships before and am usually the one that ends up looking a hot mess...If a man will hit me, even when I'm drunk and freaking out, that's the end of the road for him, Because there are a lot of things you can do beyond violence, like restraint or simply walk away....Equal rights, equal fights? I think there is no need to have this sort of thinking. Just because some 50 years ago women "won" equal rights does not mean that we are now expected to be able to fight men. Thats the same sort of thinking that made it necessary for women to start fighting for equal rights. A woman should never have to fight a man.

panik

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
I've always strongly believed that the only time a man should strike a woman with violent intent is in self-defense when all other options have been exhausted.

I don't understand how anyone could be expected to keep calm and think rationally when they are being hit though. It's unfortunate that a dude is supposed to keep cool and exercise restraint at all times pretty much...or else risk ending up in serious trouble.
It seems to me that no matter your sex, size, strength, etc....if you go around hitting people, you should expect to be hit back. Violence sucks....alcohol sucks :(
I have been in a few of these mutually abusive relationships unfortunately. I am pretty sure I've been let off easy after picking fights just because I'm a girl, when in reality if I got what I deserved every single time maybe I'd have wisened up sooner and quit being a violent drunk idiot? (probably not)

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads