Elyse, I hardly knew ye. | Squat the Planet

Elyse, I hardly knew ye.

Status
Not open for further replies.

shabti

Reaction score
I just learned a few hours ago that on saturday afternoon my girlfriend was killed trying to hop a train. We think she was trying to run from the cops while high. She and I are members of Narcotics Anonymous. I almost have six months clean. I can't even process this properly right now.

Here are some pictures of her talking to the congress guy for el paso. I loved her very much. Our spot was an arroyo tunnel near the UTEP campus. A big drain tunnel bridge where sunflowers grew in a little pond on the one side. We'd get wifi from the college. Just last week, we were naked down there, eating pizza and watching john oliver talk about Missouri on Youtube.

I haven't stopped crying all night. These obituaries aren't for the dead. They're for those of us who are left. And my message is very simple. If you want to stop using drugs or booze, please, please give yourself a break and go to a meeting. Go high if you need to. I'm in so much pain right now, that I can barely move. But I'd be spitting on her lifeless corpse if I used her death as an excuse to go use. This last week was my first week in college. I haven't seen her in nearly all that time. Beyond the agonizing misery of picturing her body torn to pieces by a train, is the feeling that I'm somehow to blame. Oh god... she's fucking dead.

Live life guys. Happy, Joyous, and free.

http://www.elpasotimes.com/latestnews/ci_26442014/woman-killed-saturday-central-el-paso-was-trying

0827_nws_ept_l_town hall 12_ml.jpg
0827_NWS_EPT_L_TOWN HALL 8_ML-S.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: DrAwqward

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
"I haven't stopped crying all night. These obituaries aren't for the dead. They're for those of us who are left. "

Correct ... Not for the dead. But for remembering life.

She was beautiful, I'm soooo sorry.

Stay in college, stay focused and in recovery. I've been good for nearly 8 years. BF is good for 5 yrs. It's a good thing.

I'm soooooo sorry for her and you as well. And you be well, we are a group here and can listen to you, be with you. k?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads