Electro Gypsy, The name says it all

ElectroGypsy

Reaction score
Whats to say really? I have done everything everyone has told me I needed to do to have a happy life. They were wrong, it did not work. So now it is time to try life my way. I'm trying to get the last bit of kit I think I will need, then it is time to take to the roads till I grow weary of that too.
I do not really know what to expect from this. Hopefully I will meet some cool people, and not too many uncool ones.

Auto

Reaction score
Yeah agreed, expect roughly a 95% ratio of douchebags. 20% will seem cool but you will later find out they are douchebags too. Good luck in your travels.

ElectroGypsy

Reaction score
With a name like that you will definitely meet lots of uncool ones lol...
I got the name from a song. My friends and I realized that aside from the keyboards it was kinda what I am trying to do. Perhaps after a few thousand miles I will be better at the flute though.

Reactions: ayyyjayyy

ElectroGypsy

Reaction score
you will undoubtedly meet loads of uncool people
focus on the cool ones
This seems to be the trick anywhere, such is life I guess.

ElectroGypsy

Reaction score
Reactions: ayyyjayyy

wrkrsunite

Reaction score
My only advice is don't stress your kit too much. The shit u think u need u never use and the shit u end up needing u never have. My first trip I had 8700 feet of rope, nine pair of underwear and condoms, never used any of it.

ElectroGypsy

Reaction score
My only advice is don't stress your kit too much. The shit u think u need u never use and the shit u end up needing u never have. My first trip I had 8700 feet of rope, nine pair of underwear and condoms, never used any of it.

Noted, I was thinking more like low mass tent, light high energy food, tarps, busking gear, that sort of thing.

Unslap

Reaction score
[quote="wrkrsunite, pMy first trip I had 8700 feet of rope[/quote]
No you didnt. I Really Really dont believe you.

And in response to the 95% douchebags statement, also not true. Ppl will give you stuff and go out of their way for you.
And dude if youre gonna live on busking (i do) then you prolly wont be able to afford high energy lo weight food as a traveler, unless you mean ramen noodle soup.

K

Kim Chee

My first trip I had 8700 feet of rope, nine pair of underwear and condoms, never used any of it.
8700'? wtf?

You don't need as many condoms as you might think.
First of all, you aren't gonna be getting laid.
Second: Despite what the manufacturer's say, they are indeed reusable. (jk)

...as for the happiness. It is within you already. Find it, tap it, don't let it go. Have fun with it.
If you go off looking for it, you will just get lost.

ElectroGypsy

Reaction score
And in response to the 95% douchebags statement, also not true. Ppl will give you stuff and go out of their way for you.
And dude if youre gonna live on busking (i do) then you prolly wont be able to afford high energy lo weight food as a traveler, unless you mean ramen noodle soup.

Fair enough. I have to wait for some paper work before I can leave this area and not have to come back. Since this is the case, I have been trying to get some cash, and prep myself for this. I have located some food/rations/mre and such that should fill my needs quite well. But I do not expect to use those as my chief form of food. Just a backup.

I feel the need to point out that when you say ramen, it means more than just the fried noodle packets, as far as I have been able to determine ramen seems to mean any fried noodle sold to be cooked. On the other hand, I can for $5 or $6 get a box of wide noodles that will last me at least one and a half weeks. There are cheap food options if you know where to go, and how to cook over a fire.

Busking, I plan to do quite a bit of it, the money can be good, but this is really more how I entertain myself. I have investigated other options, but have made no firm decisions yet. I hope to avoid spanging and flying if at all possible.

Sadly, I have a bit of time to sort all this out, it will be a few weeks yet before my ID comes back, after that I hope things will move fast.

ElectroGypsy

Reaction score
8700'? wtf?

You don't need as many condoms as you might think.
First of all, you aren't gonna be getting laid.
Second: Despite what the manufacturer's say, they are indeed reusable. (jk)

...as for the happiness. It is within you already. Find it, tap it, don't let it go. Have fun with it.
If you go off looking for it, you will just get lost.

Sad to hear about the condom thing, perhaps I should go ahead and become a monk before I hit the road if it does not matter anyway. Perhaps the orange robes would help encourage people to donate to the trip if I have to pass a bowl around.

As for happiness, well I have been doing my own thing for a few years, and on the whole have enjoyed it, so no worries. As I have been doing more and more performances, I find I am enjoying it as much as I used to. I'm not travelling to find happiness, I'm travelling to see new places, and try to figure out a better way of living which suits me. I'm not really looking for anything, but when what I like beats me over the head with a cricket bat, I will know I have found what I wanted in the first place.

Unslap

Reaction score
"why do you have 24 condoms in your bag?!" -lady cop manifesting my stuff in jail. But i always pull out in time so i dont need condoms anymore, and wtf is this shit about pre-cum,theres no semen in that!!

Also its unrealistic to expect to be building a fire every night, let alone for each meal. I started out with spaghetti and raw beans, and it took me a few weeks to finally throw them away. Now i mix crushed maruchan with cold water. I still like it =-)

• Haha
Reactions: ElectroGypsy

ElectroGypsy

Reaction score
"why do you have 24 condoms in your bag?!" -lady cop manifesting my stuff in jail. But i always pull out in time so i dont need condoms anymore, and wtf is this shit about pre-cum,theres no semen in that!!

Also its unrealistic to expect to be building a fire every night, let alone for each meal. I started out with spaghetti and raw beans, and it took me a few weeks to finally throw them away. Now i mix crushed maruchan with cold water. I still like it =-)

Aye, I do not plan to have to option to cook each night. This all goes back to planning. And most of the time I do not even bother to put the fried noodles in water, I *like* the crunch.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads