Eat a bug

trash diver

Reaction score
Insects are a nutritious and easy to gather food source. grass hoppers,crickets,earth worms,meal worms,grubs,termites..... the list goes on.

bryanpaul

Reaction score
my garden is pretty infested with some FAT grasshoppers....theyre eatin MY food.... i might as well eat them....... i might try this....fry 'em up with some garlic in oil

trash diver

Reaction score
Be sure to remove the legs and wings. they can irritate the digestive track.

Reactions: bryanpaul

0ddity

Reaction score
I was actually talking about bugs being a good source for food earlier today. Is there a common bug out there that actually tastes good? Any favorites out there?

bryanpaul

Reaction score

Is there a common bug out there that actually tastes good? Any favorites out there?

BODY LICE !!!
(sorry, couldnt help mahself)

• Haha
Reactions: Psi em and 0ddity

xbocax

Reaction score
just saw a show on this, crickets and grasshoppers seem to be crackin, Id put em ina stir fry

Menyun

Reaction score
you can make anything taste good if you cook it right... several places around the world that munch on bugs and seem to like them pretty well. Personally I would like to try live squid, downside being it can kill you though if you don't wrap the tenticles up tight enough before you eat it.

Cardboard

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
I once heard that 80% of the "free world" intentionally eats insects as part of their diet.
When I was in 3rd grade, I read a book called "Beetles lightly toasted", and as a project for this book, I made cricket brownies, and ate them in front of the class. The crickets were just toasted with a bit of butter and cinnamon, they were great. Yeah though, wings and hind legs should be removed.

Reactions: 0ddity

trash diver

Reaction score
If the world population keeps growing,Mcdonalds might become '' Mccrickets''.:D

Dead horse

Reaction score
Alot of great points there. I haven't munched down yet but with a few episodes of man vs wild under my belt theres nothing between me and the creepy crawlies but plate possible plate fright :)

Puckett

Banned
Reaction score
Ks is home & damn tornados bring me back everytime
you can buy all kids of bugs already cooked at oriental markets. chocolate covered ants and grasshoppers and all kinds of shit like that and sad to say but hot topic sells different covered flavors of bugs. and hate to tell you but there are ground up bugs in just about everything you eat now. so everyone has already ate bugs.

trash diver

Reaction score
you can buy all kids of bugs already cooked at oriental markets. chocolate covered ants and grasshoppers and all kinds of shit like that and sad to say but hot topic sells different covered flavors of bugs. and hate to tell you but there are ground up bugs in just about everything you eat now. so everyone has already ate bugs.
flour is a good example.A certain percentage of insects get processed with the flour.

trash diver

Reaction score
Quite true.Most americans would gag if they truly knew what they were eating.

Dead horse

Reaction score
Faceless corporations in their endless pursuit to make a buck off people with wool over their eyes. Might as well be American up here in Canada with all the wallmarts and Mcdonalds

Puckett

Banned
Reaction score
Ks is home & damn tornados bring me back everytime

0ddity

Reaction score
Well, buying bugs is good and all, but what I was really asking before was more towards bugs in the wild. Using bugs as a food source when nothing else seems to be available. (It is good to know that there are bugs in modern consumer food though.)
-
I wonder what a dragonfly tastes like...? :p

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads