News & Blogs - East coast snow storm forecasted this weekend | Squat the Planet

News & Blogs East coast snow storm forecasted this weekend

K

Kim Chee

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but if you haven't found a way out you may want to get indoors or hunker down for a few.
Be safe!

Snow Storm Forecast to Wallop East Coast Takes Shape Over Plains

Alexander Smith
COMMENTSThe Weather Channel. "It is going to snow hard and it's going to be hard for road crews to keep up so driving will be difficult."

East Coast braces for multiple feet of snow
Roth added that the weather would likely impact air travel.

D.C. authorities said the city has 14 new dump trucks ready to be deployed to salt and plow major streets, along with six new trucks for residential streets, NBC Washington reported.

If 2 feet of snow fall in the nation's capital, it will be the city's second-biggest snowstorm ever: The largest was a 1922 storm that produced 28 inches.

Parts of Kentucky, West Virginia, Virginia and North Carolina were forecast for at least 1 foot of snow, and at least 6 inches was set to fall north up the I-95 corridor through New York City and Philadelphia.

More than 3 inches was also expected in parts of Kentucky, Tennessee, and southern parts of Indiana and Ohio.

Despite the storm being days away, a woman had to be rescued by by firefighters after driving her car into a frozen river near Ashland City, Tennessee.

Although the real weather was not set to start until Friday, the early stages of the system had begun to dump localized snow over parts of the central Plains on Wednesday night, according to The Weather Channel.

Attachments

• 102446668-463578520.80x60.?v=1424706609.jpg
    102446668-463578520.80x60.?v=1424706609.jpg
    1.6 KB · Views: 260
  • 102370317-IMG_443999622.530x298.JPG
    102370317-IMG_443999622.530x298.JPG
    41.8 KB · Views: 266
D

Deleted member 125

anyone stuck in rva hit me up if you need a roof to crash under, its supposed to get pretty gnarly over the weekend. sorry no dogs.

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
It's going to skirt around me but I'm going to get "lake affect" snow from the north. CNN had a big thing on it today - "historic proportions" (snow).

DC had ... "A relatively light dusting left the metropolitan area a slippery mess along mostly untreated roads."

and they could potentially get 2 feet.

Mankini

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
haha too bad im leavin hoboken for cymru dafyd cwm. Wales, baby. yeahhh. And people thought the Poles were hooked on consonants.

Odin

ANTISOLIPSIST
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
And people thought the Poles were hooked on consonants.

good luck on that flight outs new jersey...

and whats the deal with consonants? you got problem jabroni???? lol... I'll show you. :D

• Haha
Reactions: Mankini

Odin

ANTISOLIPSIST
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
hahah... ::joyful:: good journey friend. Hope I can get my shit together and we will break open a few Trappist brews someday. Be welcome at your good destination.

... Ensign,... I said engage. "Capt Jean Luc Picard... of the USS Enterprise."

edit: it's an idialistic star trek day today...

• Sad

Odin

ANTISOLIPSIST
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
I'll dip my nutz in marinara sauce....

• Sad

Psylock1045

Reaction score
Lookin forward to it. Snowmageddon 2016 XD I'm right on the eastern edge of the worst of it. If it tracks east I'm gettin 2 feet+

• Haha
Reactions: Odin

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads