East Coast Kid Looking to Live.

TanMan

Sheeeeeeiiit.
Reaction score
Website
el-aventurero.tumblr.com
I'm a 17 year old kid from Rhode Island developing an ever-growing obsession with adventure. I've always wanted to get away. I've spent months planning, plotting.. Sharpie to Road Atlas. Printing pictures. Researching hitching laws, researching train routes, types and stations; organizing places to stay.. Fantasizing. Preparing. (Sidenote: My inspiration didn't come from the 'Into The Wild' book or movie. .__.) I just don't fit into normal life. I can't stand the thought of a house and a mortgage with a 9 to 5 and working all the time. Staying in one place. Going to college for a piece of paper.. you know, all that nonsense. I'm repulsed by the idea.
So anyways, I'm getting carried away. But, feel free to talk. I'm always open for a chat and meeting new people. Especially if you're like me. :)

Alexander

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
i feel the same way man. exactly. I've always felt different all my life. materialism and all the bullshit our country is built on. Ignorance as well.

Reactions: kevlar

keg

Reaction score
stop posting shit on here and go,now.You can get away with alotta stuff before you turn 18.And about all your research..that kinda is against what you say you wanna do.

Reactions: jackie

TanMan

Sheeeeeeiiit.
Reaction score
Website
el-aventurero.tumblr.com
I can't though. I would love to go now, but I need to finish high school, at the very least. I have a year left. I was planning on next June. I don't know. All I know is that I'm gonna be gone eventually. I just don't know where. And @keg, the reason I'm planning it out is because I'm not trying to end up lost and hungry. When I say planning I just mean sources of food, places to stay (halfway houses, hostels, friends' houses, communes, etc.) and food & work sources (farmers markets, communes, farms, etc.). That's what I mean by planning. There's a difference between adventure and flying by the seat of your pants and getting in over your head.

Reactions: dolittle

apollostar

Reaction score
shit i was serious, you sound informed,prepared and ready to follow thru on what you plan,people have thoughts all the time but those that put action to thought really learn the meaning of self empowerment and you never know where your travels will take you, one thing is for sure,if you stay put you stay fuckin put

Reactions: TanMan

TanMan

Sheeeeeeiiit.
Reaction score
Website
el-aventurero.tumblr.com
Always on lock man. Today ain't a time to be getting caught off guard. Always keep myself reading and learning, getting smarter, and hopefully getting wiser and trying to spread that to others. A wise man once told me knowledge turns to wisdom when it's shared. Try to get it, try to give it.
And another one of my favorite quotes by my mans T. Jay Taylor:
"Only when we accept it does it become knowledge. Only when we trust it does it become wisdom."

apollostar

Reaction score
yeah i dont think you where meant to be some average joe, aint to many young guys on point these days, i would suggest traveling to some places that may be beneficial to whatever particular interest you have.

Reactions: Karma

iamwhatiam

Burrito fund contributor
StP Supporter
Reaction score
could always drop out and get your G.E.D.
---
oh i wouldn't plan too hard....plans seldom go as planned, on the road

E

Earth

you're in new england??
shit, if your looking for adventure, get yourself a rocking 18 foot kayak and head offshore, life really begins to open up once you're about five, six miles out.....
trust me on that :)

keg

Reaction score
really,planning fucks up the fun.Even small kine planning.No matter what you will no starve.The only things that could really happen is get killed or freeze to death.so bring whiskey or a blanket and hope nobody murders you.I have never begged and never will,but if i was starving or something i would eat anything or rob steal etc.I just have never been down for begging,busking seems like fun but i do not play anything.being young helps with cops,getting girls,everything,and I think nowadays a diploma does not matter much.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads