News & Blogs - E. Hunter Harrison, CEO of CSX on medical leave, passed away. | Squat the Planet

News & Blogs E. Hunter Harrison, CEO of CSX on medical leave, passed away.

D

Deleted member 8978

All day long, I have heard about this legendary railroader that was able to carry at least two separate companies on his shoulders. Over time, Harrison was on the center of controversy as part of a layoff of tens of thousands of employees (that had nothing to do with him), abolishment of several train symbols, and closures of IM and classification yards.

Many punk-ass railfanners say on social media that they're glad he died and won't miss him at all. But I just can't say the same. It didn't matter to me as to how big of an enemy he was to CSX, it was the passion of the railroad he had from the beginning which I respect. I know several of us freight train riders have the same passion for the rails also. So I'll leave it at that for now. Harrison, you did what you had to do. Now let us ride the rails to honor those who had the same passion for rails in a way you had. RIP...

http://trn.trains.com/news/news-wire/2017/12/16-csx-ceo-hunter-harrison-has-died

Mod/Admin team: This is a breaking news article and an obituary combined. I had no idea which forum to post this in, but being that he passed away today, I had to put it here at this forum to be safe. If this has to be on a different forum, please move this.

Quick edit - I took my own religious belief out of my opening post here even though it was already quoted before, carry on...

Last edited:
Reactions: Desperado Deluxe

Hobo Mud

Reaction score
I thought about posting this announcement myself but you beat me to the punch. I completely agree with your statements pertaining to this matter.

I was also somewhat shocked to see some of the comments on social media about how some riders where actually glad this man was dead.

Even enemies can show and have respect if that is how some feel about this man. My deepest sympathy to his family. Certainly appreciate you sharing this information and more importantly I appreciate the message that your trying to send.

Reactions: ScumRag

ScumRag

me, hellarity, oak, ca. about 2006
Reaction score
All day long, I have heard about this legendary railroader that was able to carry at least two separate companies on his shoulders. Over time, Harrison was on the center of controversy as part of a layoff of tens of thousands of employees (that had nothing to do with him), abolishment of several train symbols, and closures of IM and classification yards.

Many punk-ass railfanners say on social media that they're glad he died and won't miss him at all. But Matthew 5:44 (in the Bible) is the reason I just can't say the same. It didn't matter to me as to how big of an enemy he was to CSX, it was the passion of the railroad he had from the beginning which I respect. I know several of us freight train riders have the same passion for the rails also. So I'll leave it at that for now. Harrison, you did what you had to do. Now let us ride the rails to honor those who had the same passion for rails in a way you had. RIP...

http://trn.trains.com/news/news-wire/2017/12/16-csx-ceo-hunter-harrison-has-died

Mod/Admin team: This is a breaking news article and an obituary combined. I had no idea which forum to post this in, but being that he passed away today, I had to put it here at this forum to be safe. If this has to be on a different forum, please move this.

Well, you know because the bible says it, it must be factual. The bible also said things like castration was ethical as was slaughtering your wife.

Xians who quote the bible on a site like this of all places really irk me. I understand it's a community, but place & time, bro.

Desperado Deluxe

Reaction score
Well, you know because the bible says it, it must be factual. The bible also said things like castration was ethical as was slaughtering your wife.

Xians who quote the bible on a site like this of all places really irk me. I understand it's a community, but place & time, bro.
I'm pretty sure that was a good place and time bro. pretty sure we didn't need your ignorant ass rhetoric impulsively spewed forth.

Desperado Deluxe

Reaction score
I'm queer, man!! Open your mind & don't put your internalised hatred of yourself on me!
that doesn't even make sense. how would you like it if someone gave you shit for being queer? cuz thats the same as giving someone shit for being christian. how many times do I have to tell you to take your ignorant ass rhetoric and shove it? quit trying to hijack this thread and start a flame war.

• Haha
Reactions: ScumRag

ScumRag

me, hellarity, oak, ca. about 2006
Reaction score
that doesn't even make sense. how would you like it if someone gave you shit for being queer? cuz thats the same as giving someone shit for being christian. how many times do I have to tell you to take your ignorant ass rhetoric and shove it? quit trying to hijack this thread and start a flame war.

Know what bro? Fine. Can't win all arguments. Best to you. Have an easy Sunday & don't forget to pray to whatever entity gets you off. Peace.

Reactions: Cj99

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads