dont feed thebears!

daveycrockett

Reaction score
its a mod song sorry. but i cant help myself from feeding animals when i am eating myself from birds to cats dogs ants bees or anything else around me, is that strange? maybe its because i eat outside? i feel if i dont give people or animals some of what i am eating its wrong. maybe im just fuckin crazy.

iamwhatiam

Burrito fund contributor
StP Supporter
Reaction score
if there was a bear here in nyc i would feed them too, maybe i go to the zoo
the biggest problem with feeding bears is then they get accustomed to humans. they become less scared of humans, and start coming closer and closer to civilization more frequently, goin thru garbage -makin messes. which can also lead to more aggresive behaviors. which is dangerous for us, let alone small children who may be playing in the area. ever been around a mama bear and her cub? ....you don't wanna be
------
and some animals you can actually give diseases to OR KILL, by giving them food thats been touched with human hands. i learned this while in costa rica, why you shouldn't feed monkeys. they are highly susceptible to bacterica on our skin that has no ill effect to us, but can be fatal to them....
----
just some things to think about...

K

Kim Chee

those ain't bears, there's a difference between feeding a cat and feeding something that can kill you, unless the cat is a cougar.

I think you are in the same boat as Doobie_D when it concerns cougars, Pheonix. He likes to make sure his knife is close.
Personally, I start digging for the lube. Maybe I don't get it, but I don't think they are THAT dangerous. Besides, they may even buy or make dinner for you. What's the harm in that?

P

Pheonix

As long as your smart enough not to feed meat to wild vegan animal, there is a chance that what you feed the animal will kill the animal or make it sick making it easier the be killed by the faster animal. The animals don't want your salty, sugary, processed crap but they don't know any better, unfortunately many people don't know any better either.

P.S. Cougars are man-eaters BEWARE

ipoPua

Reaction score
i actually have a hat thats a pair of bear ears, planning to fly a sign that says FEED THE BEARS, so this is funny t me

• Haha
Reactions: Odin and Joni

ipoPua

Reaction score
wow you're really cool, teach me how to be defensive and insecure so i can be l33t too

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Davey, why do you keep saying "no"? Its annoying and unproductive.

daveycrockett

Reaction score
he asked me to delete his account, he probably edited his post, deleted his avatar and is no longer gonna log on.
Davey, why do you keep saying "no"? Its annoying and unproductive.
tried to edit what i was putting down on the computer,,what i meant by this thread is that i cant eat everything at a meal , its usually saving bread for the birds or squirrels or bugs ants bees, i even was feeding cockroaches baloney and cheese and old E at a train station in va. i just feel bad not feeding the animals. ididnt know what to call this thread so its dont feed the bears by m.o.d.

Dmac

Reaction score
who doesn't toss some peanuts to the bears in the zoo? to see a grizzly or polar bear run just for a little taste is great. would hate to see them running at me in the wild. i camp a lot in bear country and make sure to hang my food up in a tree, away from camp. when i was younger we went canoeing in the boundary waters. there were a lot of us (enough that we had to have 2 camps) one morning as we cooked breakfast, a mommy black bear and 2 cubs strolled in! we tried making noise, banging pots together and such, did not work. unfortunately the bear pepper sprey was not handy so we hit the canoes and sat out in the water and watched the bears eat out breakfast, rummage through tents and have a good time.
so please feed the bears, get close to them or better yet, between a momma and her cubs, it is natures way of getting rid of idiots!

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads