dog off leash rant | Squat the Planet

dog off leash rant

P

Pheonix

I'm getting sick and tired of seeing dogs off a leash. Why do people think they can let their dogs off a leash without having them under control? Some people are scared shitless of dogs cause they have been mauled but they don't seem to realize that. I myself have not been badly bitten since I don't give dogs that chance. If a stray dog charged me I will kick it before it has a chance to bite me even if it's owner is saying "their friendly". I'm pissed right now cause some stupid bitch in the hotel I'm staying at had her dog in the hallway off a leash and when I came back in from taking my dog outside her stupid little dog started coming down the hall barking at my dog and instead of grabbing her dog she just said "don't worry, she's friendly". My first instinct was to tighten my dog's leash and then I yelled down the hall "my dog's not". Instead of grabbing her dog she just used voice commands to get the dog to come back to her. The dog was not listening to her owner so I screamed "If you don't want a dead dog you should grab her and throw her in your room or put her on a leash" She finally got her dog in her room and I kept yelling at her saying "did you read the sign in the front office that says dogs have to be on a leash" "It's not for my protection it's for your dog's protection" "If your dog charges me I'll punt it down the hall" "hell, I just might let your dog bite me just so I can sue your bitch ass" "I need the money" I'm starting to wonder if people that let their dogs roam free actually care about their dog's health? Rant over

K

Kim Chee

With animals comes responsibility. Unfortunately, blah blah...you know the story. At least some animals are responsible. I'm not opposed to booting a dog. There was an occasion when my leashed dog was approached aggressively by a much larger and unleashed barking dog. I'm friendly, but I do have limits. My burrito sized dog (<9#) versus a chow earned the protection of my foot right in front of the owner (and others). The bitch threw a minor fit and I told her, "if you can't take care of your dog, I will."

I'm staying in a place right now where I let the dog out and she often doesn't have a leash. If something happens to her...my bad. I accept the responsibility.

Off topic... FukStiX who hang out in catchouts with unleashed animals, wake the fuck up.

smellsea

Reaction score
man. my dumb ass just let king dingo run off his leash threw a field,
and he got fucking skunked. lame. there's no fuckin dog park around here.
i wish you would of ended your story with "so i told her "mines not" then the dog kept comming up and my dog picked it up by its neck and repeatedly slammed the little shits body up against the wall over and over". brutal!

my favorite to tell people, after a long day of " CAN I PET YOUR DOG OMG!!!!!!!!!111!!" is "you can try", they get the hint. no, that's not true that's generally at first, after a long day of it i just say "can i pet your baby/girlfriend?" or if they just go for it, i stand up and try to pet them.

Shakou

Reaction score
I own a dog aggressive dog. A Pit Bull. She has her dog friends, but is very unpredictable with strange dogs. The one thing that seriously chaps my ass is people with loose dogs, not for her protection, but for THEIR dog's protection! We have Charlotte trained to where she can walk fine on a leash and bypass other dogs in close proximity without batting an eye. But if a loose dog runs up to her and gets in her face..... Well.... I'm not responsible for the results...

On the same note, I've yelled at loose dogs, threatened to throw sticks, and have chased them away from my dogs, but have never once hurt one, especially if the owner is right there.
I'd expect the same respect for my dogs, and if anyone EVER hurt them, no matter how much of an ass my dogs were being, be prepared to get kissed with my fist.

steelcitybrew

Reaction score
i have the same issue, eeryone fuckin leaves their dog off leashe here, drives me nuts. I have to fuckin strangle my dog to keep their dog from the chance of being bit. He used to be fine towards other dogs.... until some fuck in my building leaves their pitbull off leash and fuckin attacked my dog, My girlfriend has to grab our dog, and i had to beat the shit out of their dog to get him the fuck off. Fuckin mess that was. He was lucky only to get a few punctures that healed up well. I never wanted to hit a woman so bad. Now my dog is hostile towards any fuckin dog. I will never be nice to another off leash dog and owner approaching mine ever again. I WILL kick the dog every time. Im done with stupid people.

Dmac

Reaction score
most places have a leash law, for good reason. my pet peeve is people who bring their dog out camping and the mutt never stops barking! really? what has happened to common courtesy? like i came out to the woods to listen to your dog bark and your crappy taste in music. the world would be better without people.

travelin

Reaction score
luckily it was snarling and barking as it came so i had time to get the M1A off my back and put 168 grains into the ground right in front of it as it crossed the property line. it backed off and went back to its property.

about a week earlier same dog came onto the property and went round and round with our 16 pound jack russel. she tore loose from wife holding leash and deflected the other dogs attention from the wife which is who she was heading right for. i had my little taurus millenium pro peashooter out and on the dog. planned on one warning and then shoot to kill when little jackie tore by me and simply outmaneuvered the other dog. i put one into the ground and that scared the other dog enough that it broke off and ran away.

white pit, actually a beautiful dog, but way too agressive to have on the land next door with no barriers. told the owners to control the dog or i would kill it next agressive display ON MY LAND.

what was freaky is half a dozen times i would turn from working on something, tractor, well pump, whatever and there would be this dog out about a hundred feet away just watching me. once it realized i was facing it it would turn and go back into the woods. scary.

after i threatened to kill it the dog disappeared. i think they got rid of it. they harbor a pack of illegals on that property and probably didnt want the cops down there

there would have been no problem if they had controlled the dog.....

Auto

Reaction score
agree about dogs on a leash, as my dog could probably eat most dogs, but I'd hate to imagine what I would do to someone if they so much as kicked my dog. Though like you guys, I'd kick the helll out of a dog that went after me or my dog.

Ekstasis

Reaction score
That is freaky about the white pit. It was just waiting for a chance. I would have hurt it the second time it was stalking me like that or warned the owner, next time it gets buckshot. I had a pack of 5 pits/hound dogs stalk and then chase my son, little mutt, pit bull and I one time. I scared them back about 3 times and they started getting braver. I finally had to throw rocks at them hard. Lightly wasn't doing it.

Dmac

Reaction score
many people just do not know how to train or socialize their dogs. it is not the dogs fault, it is their dumb ass owners! i have had three dogs in my 46 years and the last two i did pet therapy with (also worked as a k-9 handler in the army for a while). it is the owners responsibility to train and treat the dog right. unfortunately for the dogs, many owners don't have a clue what they are doing. if your dog is aggressive, you are wrong for taking it to places where people and other dogs are at. especially if you have a pit bull or rottweiler. you the owner are at fault, not other people. keep them fenced in or on a leash. or, i feel, you are at fault for whatever should happen. just fyi, if a dog attacks you, you are going to be bit, no ifs ands or buts about it, shove your hand down it's throat, grab its tail or back leg with the other hand, flip it on its side and bring your knees down on its chest. you will be bit and hurt, but it will be dead or dying. i have known many pits and rotts who were the most loving dogs you could ever meet. AGAIN IT IS THE OWNER NOT THE DOG! sorry for the rant but i feel strongly about this and hate animal owners who think it everyone elses responsibility to watch out for their dog.

K

Kim Chee

Here's something that happened to a family member's pet about a week ago. Went outside for awhile and came back with a beard!
IMG_1379.JPG

• Sad
Reactions: Hal

Auto

Reaction score

Dmac

Reaction score
i myself have been both skunked and nailed by a porcupine (yea i know not the sharpest tool in the shed) give me the skunk anytime, tomato juice works well, and you can make bloody marries with what is left over! v8 juice works too.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads