Do you remember your first punk show?

Traveler

Reaction score
The music wasn't really my taste. I went with a friend who was into it and she said I might like it. She was wrong :p

Mongo

Reaction score
I think my first punk show was at a tower records with The Ballistics or it was at the Ballistics house with Hit By A Semi and The Sore Thumbs. Going to the ballistics house was like a some apocalyptic scene with college students, people rolling around in there vomit and breaking glass bottles in the pit.

I believe My first bigger punk show was the punks vs psychos show at the Brickworks with Tiger Army, The Business, Roger Miret and the Disasters, U.S. Roughnecks, and my personal favorite of the night F-minus. When they were playing the entire place was moving and there was a whirlwind of people wall to wall. I haven't seen anything like that since and I'm glad I saw them before they broke up

SoyPablo

Reaction score
SST Records tour, like a million years ago at some theater on El Cajon Blvd. in San Diego late '84 or early '85, when I was still just a young sailor with poor military bearing aboard the USS Kitty Hawk CV-63; my buddy Jamie and I saw Saccharine Trust, The Minutemen, Meat Puppets and Husker Du. What a fuckin' lineup!

"...and I'm gettin' old..."

meathook

Reaction score
my first ever show was MSI when i was 13. i was a little wannabe scamp with a studded belt and a pink mohawk. i moshed up to the front row and jimmy urine picked me up and licked my face [in retrospect, kind of weird?].

my first actual punk show was either an LoC show when i was 15/16, or one of the random local shows at the Medusa [RIP]. i've never been super into going to shows, so i haven't attended too many. on a vaguely related note, i deeply regret getting too stoned and skipping out on a GWAR show, the very night that Flattus Maximus passed away.

skitter

Reaction score
local venue in my hometown. small time bands. I wore lots of black eyeliner and got drunk with my best friend, in the parking lot, in some guy's car. it was a couple of six packs of seagramm's red (lol) and I had just turned 14 (lol). I have no idea who played, probably my friend's seriously older boyfriend who was kind of doing an MSI type thing at the time, but man it was a blast.

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess Less Than Jake when I was 12/13, which led me down a black h-oi-le of punk rock for years. Got really into hardcore, going to the Alamo House in Minneapolis regularly, promoting DIY shows. Played in a queercore band for a while. Shit was so fun.

wombatt

Reaction score
Website
nogodsnomasterz.tumblr.com
I grew up going to shows with my mom (punk as fuck I know) since I was like 1 or 2 but the first show I went to by myself was a local riot grrrl band called doll fight when I was like 10 or 11. I was so scared to get into the pit but they kept doing covers of songs I knew so I tried to make my way to the front to yell along and a table fell on me. I got tossed around for a bit before going back to where I had been standing in the background. I sat on my knees and ate applesauce while the next band played.

6bummin6it6

Reaction score
Got to see Andrew Jackson Jihad before they got soft, Joyce Manor opened up for em. small venue, big crowd, i was little and kinda scared, didn't know what the hell a mosh pit was but it was a great show. Folk punk shows might be the best kind of punk those out there.

East

Reaction score
Probably Converge, back in 2001, in North Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. If that's not punk enough I guess I went to a ska show around 2002 in Cleveland, Ohio to see The Suicide Machines. I can't really remember who opened or much about either show. Memory is kind of shot.

D

Deleted member 13433

U.K. Subs, with The Misguided opening up for them at CBGB's, late 1982..... I was 17 then, man that show paved the way for 100's more although these days it's pretty rare for me to bother anymore.... been there done that..... but I still at 50 years old consider myself a Punk.

LuckyDog

Reaction score
It was either Biohazard or a 12 bands for 12 dollars show in the late 90s at the El N Gee in Connecticut. Loved that place. Those 12 bands for 12 dollars shows were epic for being a teenager and discovering new music. I'll never forget, Diecast was suppose to headline like 2 or 3 of them and every time they no showed.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads