Diy stuff sax | Squat the Planet

Diy stuff sax

Strangeandsolo

Reaction score
Hey you got too much gear? How about a pair of jeans kicked down in the wrong size with a good hem on the bottom. ( not walked off ) Got some rope or para-cord. Gonna need a needle n thread or some fishing line. 4-8 lb. Is good.

Lets begin. To start cut the legs off them wrong size pants. And turn them inside out. Start w the needle n line and stitch the cut side. How you stitch is up to you but dont skimp you want a strong seam.

Now turn your pant leg stitched back out the right way find where the hem and the seam meet and make a lil ✂ then take youe length of rope twine shoelace para-cord or w/e and feed it halfway through a soda straw.

Now the easy part feed the straw with the cord through rhe hole in the hem next to the seam. If you ever fed poles of a tent trough fabric you can see where this is going bunch the fabric up arounf the straw and push pull. The straw and cord all the way around the hem.

When you get to the end just loop the middle end of the cord over the ends of the cord and pull..
20181023_174933.jpg
20181023_174918.jpg
20181023_174903.jpg

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
This is what this site is great for - sharing of good ideas for others to use in their travels. Thank you!!! :)

Strangeandsolo

Reaction score
This is what this site is great for - sharing of good ideas for others to use in their travels. Thank you!!! :)
Thanks i was very pleased with my sacks. They are pretty tough. I thought others would like the recycling part of it.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$20.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads