DIY Insect Repellent

spraq

Reaction score
Outskirts of Rich Kid County Local Shitty SoCal
Vick's vapor rub is supposed to repel mosquitoes. I haven't got to try it yet.
Really?... hmm interesting. I have never heard that before, and at least if it doesn't your sinuses will feel minty fresh. Oh no but wait what if the mosquito sinuses are feeling minty fresh as well ?!?!?! Then they'll be able to drink twice as much blood. :eek:

RSTY802510

[NERD]
Reaction score
Ive heard dryer sheets help repel insects and mosquito's.

Maryy

Reaction score
There's so many good reasons to eat garlic! Also you can mix cinnamon with water and rub it on your skin but it doesn't stay on for long when it dries or you sweat. A better option that I usually use is putting lime juice on your skin.

thapoet

Mr. Grizzly Bear bait
Reaction score
taking basil or any kind of mint, even the tried kind in the store, and rubbing it on urn skin, and thyme works as well.... mintnalso repels rats and mice in the event that u are sleeping on the groiund in a rat infested area...

travelin

Reaction score
kind of conrtraindicated since most times one would be concerned with stealth issues but a good smokey fire will work in a pinch.

agree on citronella and lemon grass.

skeeters home on the carbon dioxide you exhale so the best method to deter them is to stop breathing...

but that has sort of terminal results...

Mad Max

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I knew there was some type of oils/plants you could use but didn't know which ones. On my last trip we pretty much smoked bathed the whole time to try to get rid of the insects.

A

AlwaysLost

the grain is just the medium to dilute the oils.. kinda like spray on sun screen or hair spray.. you put it on, the acl evaporates and leaves your skin feeling dry but the oils are evenly distributed so as to not feel sticky or gross.

and I can attest to the danger of that fucking everclear. Just don't drink it. Don't. bad things happen. I'll never forget that episode til the day I die because I almost did.

Ever clear is just Vodka without the added water. Sorry to hijack the thread but since its a safety issue...always heavily dillute your everclear with juice or something folks.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads