Dickies Brand Coat is POS | Squat the Planet

Dickies Brand Coat is POS

Jerrell

Reaction score
Dickies has always been a brand I've turned to for work gear. I bought a black Dickies coat at K-Mart last month during the whole "buy cheap before xmas" thing was going on.
I've been wearing hoodies (or doubled up hoodies when its real cold) for years and figured I might should get a coat since I'm gonna be traveling full time in a couple months.
It's got reinforced elbows, a zipper/button combo up front, and a hoodie sewn in so it has that familiar feel.
Well, this POS (Piece Of Shit) is falling apart. It's already ripped at the bottom and the left cuff button (male side) fell apart. All I do is wear it to go have a smoke outside! If it can't handle that, then damn.

So yeah, I'm gonna go ahead and say Dickies brand has gone downhill.

Desperado Deluxe

Reaction score
k mart is freaking crap. everything in the store is way over priced and crap quality. basically an over priced Walmart. I usually get my jackets at thrift stores and if I get anything new I keep my eye on overstock places like Ross and tj max. got my thermal/base layers there for about $7 a piece (normally about $20) the same price I'd get a pair of crap ones at Walmart.

Last edited:
Reactions: Odin

Coywolf

Make America Freight Again
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Dude. Duluth. All. Day.

The firehose work pants and jacket are the toughest things out there.

But they will also set you back like $250.

Best investment I've ever made.

Reactions: Mannequin Man

Koala

sleeps 22 hours a day, eats chutes and leaves
Reaction score
Website
ciggybuttbrain.wordpress.com
@Timm Aussie Kmart is more like US Target, and Aussie Target is like US Walmart....in the US the hierarchy is Target > Walmart > Kmart

I second thrift store finds. Most recent canvas winter jacket I got was at Burlington coat factory and it's warm and resilient as hell. I think the brand is Wolverine, was maybe 40$ new

Reactions: Odin

Jerrell

Reaction score
I doubt those videos are fake. Especially the fat women trying to be sexy. I see that every time I get dragged to Walmart by family members. I've seen a wedding in a Walmart, I saw a skinny white guy just wearing short pants with his hands cuffed behind his back running through a Walmart. I'm with Rodney Carrington that it's where people go to spank their kids.
It's basically an uneducated white trash mecca.

D

Deleted member 8978

Back when I worked at a Sears store in Centerville (GA), I never bothered wearing Dickies coats. There were a few times I would special-order work shirts that perfectly matched the themes of colors that make up each department of a Sears store (black and royal blue for default and red/black for Craftsman for example), as it was all part of an ongoing dress code policy. I was surprisingly able to get away with wearing these more than their so-called recommended polo shirt. As long as it had a collar which all mine did, complaints were few.

Years later, I still have all my work shirts, but now I regret giving them to my brother because he can barely fit into an XL. My work shirts held their ends, in fact, I believe I did wear a long sleeve on my inaugural freight train ride back in 2016. But great times overall! Now let's all sit back and watch Sears slowly collapse. :)

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads