Definitely should've joined sooner. | Squat the Planet

Definitely should've joined sooner.

• Thread starter Deleted member 17306
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 17306

I learned of this site some time in early 2011 when I met Matt in the slabs. It's taken me this long to get here. Great job, Matt.

I've been stationary in western mass for a little over a year now. It's getting to be that time again. I'm not specifically looking for anything at the moment, but who knows.

Last edited:

EphemeralStick

Andie of the House of Queer
Reaction score
Welcome to the site! So you've been to the Slabs eh? That's probably my favorite place in the southwest by far. So how do you like to get around? Do you hop? Hitch? What are some of your favorite places?

D

Deleted member 17306

I lived in the slabs for ~2 years. Went back for a few weeks in early 2015..
I hitch, rubbertramp, ride the dirty dog.. would love to hop but I'm in no rush to get my ass killed doing it with just anyone and knowledgeable hoppers that I trust aren't terribly easy to come by or connect with.

I got abandoned in Glenwood Springs, CO last year and fell in love with the place. Definitely my favorite. Slab city hot springs at the crack of dawn is right up there, too.. along with Vashon, WA. Spent some time in Tempe, Eastern NC, and SLC..no real reason to recommend either as far as I see.

I've been toying with the boatpunk idea for a while.. problem is; I don't eat seafood. That probably puts a significant damper in your freedom. Growing your own food on a boat would be badass, though.

Reactions: EphemeralStick

EphemeralStick

Andie of the House of Queer
Reaction score
I think we had a thread talking about sail boat gardens awhile back. It sounds do able but yeah, not being able to eat seafood would definitely make boat living difficult. Me personally, I get extremely seasick on boats so as much as I am enamored with the idea of boat punking around the world it's probably not going to happen for me. Oh well.
I spent a little time in Glenwood Springs back in 2011. Only a few days so I didn't get the chance to really explore the place, I'll have to go back and do that.

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
Doood - you met the infamous Matt early on and in the slabs! Welcome officially to STP! I just had a great experience in the Slabs for the Jamboree - met awesome people, saw cool things, got shit faced maybe once (lie) and had an awesome time. Welcome!

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads