Definitely should've joined sooner. (1 Viewer)

Wile E Coyote

Pilgrim
Current Location
New England
I learned of this site some time in early 2011 when I met Matt in the slabs. It's taken me this long to get here. Great job, Matt.

I've been stationary in western mass for a little over a year now. It's getting to be that time again. I'm not specifically looking for anything at the moment, but who knows.

Last edited:
We sell all kinds of other stuff in our Etsy store!

EphemeralStick

Quality Control Queer Commando
Staff member
Current Location
New Orleans
Welcome to the site! So you've been to the Slabs eh? That's probably my favorite place in the southwest by far. So how do you like to get around? Do you hop? Hitch? What are some of your favorite places?

OP
Wile E Coyote

Wile E Coyote

Pilgrim
Current Location
New England
I lived in the slabs for ~2 years. Went back for a few weeks in early 2015..
I hitch, rubbertramp, ride the dirty dog.. would love to hop but I'm in no rush to get my ass killed doing it with just anyone and knowledgeable hoppers that I trust aren't terribly easy to come by or connect with.

I got abandoned in Glenwood Springs, CO last year and fell in love with the place. Definitely my favorite. Slab city hot springs at the crack of dawn is right up there, too.. along with Vashon, WA. Spent some time in Tempe, Eastern NC, and SLC..no real reason to recommend either as far as I see.

I've been toying with the boatpunk idea for a while.. problem is; I don't eat seafood. That probably puts a significant damper in your freedom. Growing your own food on a boat would be badass, though.

EphemeralStick

Quality Control Queer Commando
Staff member
Current Location
New Orleans
I think we had a thread talking about sail boat gardens awhile back. It sounds do able but yeah, not being able to eat seafood would definitely make boat living difficult. Me personally, I get extremely seasick on boats so as much as I am enamored with the idea of boat punking around the world it's probably not going to happen for me. Oh well.
I spent a little time in Glenwood Springs back in 2011. Only a few days so I didn't get the chance to really explore the place, I'll have to go back and do that.

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Staff member
Current Location
Rochester, NY
Doood - you met the infamous Matt early on and in the slabs! Welcome officially to STP! I just had a great experience in the Slabs for the Jamboree - met awesome people, saw cool things, got shit faced maybe once (lie) and had an awesome time. Welcome!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Support StP!

Donations go towards paying our monthly server fees, adding new features to the website, and occasionally putting a burrito in Matt's mouth.

Total amount
$7.77
Goal
$100.00

Monthly Goals

1. Paying the Bills
    $7.77 of $50.00
    The first $50 in donations go towards paying our monthly server fees and adding new features to the website. Once this goal is reached, we'll see about feeding Matt that burrito.
  2. Buy Matt a Beer
    $7.77 of $75.00
    Now that we have the bills paid for this month, let's give Matt a hearty thank you by buying him a drink for all the hard work he's done for StP. Hopefully his will help keep him from going insane after a long day of squishing website bugs.
  3. Feed Matt a Burrito
    $7.77 of $100.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt has a beer in his hand, how about showing him your love by rewarding all his hard work with a big fat burrito to put in his mouth. This will keep him alive while programming new features for the website.
  4. Finance the Shopping Cart
    $7.77 of $200.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt is fed, perhaps it's time to start planning for those twilight years under the bridge... if only he had that golden shopping cart all the oogles are bragging about these days.

Latest Status Updates

So fucking cold. Fuck. Florida aint this fuckin cold.
Should I trash pick some more chick fil A codes for free sandwiches?! I already trash picked 1 so far...
interesting. the first place itself seems worth a trip. lol i don't think they get much traveling folk... and #5 silent hill anybody know where that is? the video discreetly avoids saying the location and i want to know. i watched the rest of the video and nothing else looks of interest to me
i need some good you tuber train riders to watch... i have a few like ranoutonarail a few others... who else is good?
I'm still looking at Omaha, but if things don't work out, I hope over to Iowa.
Lost and done with cincyshit is worthless
Bored out of my mind.
how does one get his hands on a time table? rail fans seem to have them, so i should be able to get one... i want one...
gotta go watch this dailey... back in a while...
Reminder: Friday night on Coast to Coast am radio show: Haunted Trains!
Friday - Haunted Trains / Open Lines
Matthew Swayne

Members online