Cycle Rats: 2021 Gathering (1 Viewer)

BikePunky

Wanderer
Website
instagram.com
bff898078f406b5f8923116d1f84ca72d3e1e983-14.jpg
A friendly acquaintance of mine in another website group is working on putting together a first gathering for misfit adventure cyclists living the dirtbag lifestyle on two wheels. According to them, I believe the intention is for most people to show up by bicycle while some who can contribute to the camp with a vehicle (that have done some touring themselves or are somehow connected to the culture) to help do kitchen stuff, etc. My understanding is some folks from this community are going to it, but I offered to put it up here as the person who set it up doesn't have an account.

I would encourage people who love the dirtbag bike life and are willing to respect people's boundaries surrounding the pandemic we're currently surviving to think about coming out.

Good chance I'll be in the Tucson area for a good chunk of winter, so could likely make it.

Check out DIY Bicycles For Dirtbag Lifestyles on Facebook for more cool pedal powered adventures done with shoestring budgets.

Last edited by a moderator:
Click here to buy one of our amazing custom bandanas!

BikePunky

Wanderer
Website
instagram.com
No idea, don't know about a van meeting, but there's a lot of stuff happening at Quartzite at that time. Unfortunately I might not be making it, so I hope it turns out cool.

BikePunky

Wanderer
Website
instagram.com
Just for transparency, I'm no longer going to this and have nothing to do with the organizing. Recently in the Facebook group it formed out of, a few individuals doing this event were really centrist about some issues. Anything I'm involved with would be friendly to queer/bipoc folks and I can't assure this event will be that based on a few circumstances.

Sorry if I have provided anyone bad info.

ByronMc

Wanderer
Website
www.facebook.com
Just for transparency, I'm no longer going to this and have nothing to do with the organizing. Recently in the Facebook group it formed out of, a few individuals doing this event were really centrist about some issues. Anything I'm involved with would be friendly to queer/bipoc folks and I can't assure this event will be that based on a few circumstances.

Sorry if I have provided anyone bad info.
Yeah, that’s not cool, people hopefully will wake up, and realize we are all humans, not matter what the sexual preference is.

Users who are viewing this thread

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Support StP!

Donations go towards paying our monthly server fees, adding new features to the website, and occasionally putting a burrito in Matt's mouth.

Total amount
$60.00
Goal
$100.00

Monthly Goals

1. Paying the Bills
    $50.00 of $50.00 - reached!
    The first $50 in donations go towards paying our monthly server fees and adding new features to the website. Once this goal is reached, we'll see about feeding Matt that burrito.
  2. Buy Matt a Beer
    $60.00 of $75.00
    Now that we have the bills paid for this month, let's give Matt a hearty thank you by buying him a drink for all the hard work he's done for StP. Hopefully his will help keep him from going insane after a long day of squishing website bugs.
  3. Feed Matt a Burrito
    $60.00 of $100.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt has a beer in his hand, how about showing him your love by rewarding all his hard work with a big fat burrito to put in his mouth. This will keep him alive while programming new features for the website.
  4. Finance the Shopping Cart
    $60.00 of $200.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt is fed, perhaps it's time to start planning for those twilight years under the bridge... if only he had that golden shopping cart all the oogles are bragging about these days.