Crustpunk/rainbow friendly communes and sanctuaries?

KMLNwalkabout

Reaction score
I've been searching for places to hunker down for winter. I want to find a place with a real community. A place where people like us can be comfortable talking about the crazy shit we do. A place that operates on reciprocity and fellowship. I know slab city is always an option. But I am looking for something a little more organized.

I've heard mention of a Mama Whitecrow Sanctuary but I haven't been able to find any information on it.

Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Hello KLMN I have some property in central florida that is off grid located on a bicycle trail(Van fleet)here u could winter it is very rugged/Spartan but have done a lot in the 2 years out here. Have horses to ride a goat to milk, chickens to chase, ducks , geese, dogs a turkey.

The property can be viewed by entering the alternate key 1045614 into the lake county Florida property appraisers website.

I've made a posting on WWOOF to look for help there have been some inquiries but nothing came of it yet, I've hosted quite a few bike tourists via warm showers if you would like to stay long term there would be some expectation of work exchange but if working hard isn't your thing feel free to just visit if your in my area.

Henry

Lynora

Reaction score

Never been here, but I've been really curious about this place lately. They have an open door policy that you can come anytime, no prearrangements. They'll house and feed you. If you stay more than three days they ask you to help do some work and rent is ten dollars a week if you believe in money, but if not then they let it slide, I guess? After ten days they ask at their weekly meeting if anyone has an objection to you joining the community and if not you're in apparently.

Like I said, never been here, but seems cool. It's been around for like ten years or something, so I'd imagine it may be slightly less chaotic than other places I've been that were just getting established.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads