creeping over, account made | Squat the Planet

creeping over, account made

chelsssea

Reaction score
helllllooooo

So... my name is Chelsea, I live right outside of Pittsburgh.

Quick history is....

Alcoholic.... in 2011 I cleaned myself up a bit, got kicked out of a recovery house, ran away to NC, homeless, then squatted, donated plasma and scrapped copper to get by, ended up pregnant before leaving NC for good.... really got my shit together..... fast forward 5 years ... 2 kids... I have a home and a car and though I'm not sure I've got the settling mind... I'm a single mother of two and I'm building their life secure and safe.

SO! Allow me to live vicariously through you while I sort out my urge to flee?

I wanna help where help is needed.... I'm in Pittsburgh weekly, I have access to extra food, clothes, sometimes useful gear, and eventually maybe more.

I'm back in early recovery since my last binge fucked up a few incredibly important things, so I could maybe also help you get to meetings or something... idunno .

That's all I've got for nowwwww ☮️

T

tacology

We all will face bumps in the road but just keep your head up and stay strong.

There will be plenty for you to vicariously live from on here haha just choose your journey.

Welcome to StP!

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
Wow, welcome to stp! It sounds like you've been through a lot and are surviving and winning (not to sound like Charlie Sheen btw) at that. Good for you!! And also to be able to be generous enough to give back and help others too <applauds here> ... if you want you can enter a thread into our crust surfers subforum, not for place to stay but rather the help you can offer in the area you live. That would be cool .. and thank you for the offer of help. ::headphones::

Last edited:
Reactions: chelsssea

WanderLost Radical

Reaction score
First of all, welcome to StP!

If I understood your intro well, you seem to have the travel itch like all of us, but stay home because you don't want to put your kids in a possibly dangerous situation. Which is totally understandable. BUT!

There definitely are safer ways to travel. Ever though of buying a van? Vandwelling is a bit more expensive because you need to cover your gas and repairs costs, but gives you a safe place to sleep, and doesnt require you to ask for rides/ride freights. (Which are the 3 most dangerous situations we put ourselves in.

Also, there are several collectives that let you stay for free or super cheap in exchange for giving a hand periodically. They're all over the country, and theyre a great option if you intend on staying somewhere for a while :)

I feel like that would be an amazing opportunity for your kids, especially at pre-school age, so they dont have to skip school!

chelsssea

Reaction score
Ever though of buying a van? Vandwelling is a bit more expensive because you need to cover your gas and repairs costs, but gives you a safe place to sleep, and doesnt require you to ask for rides/ride freights. (Which are the 3 most dangerous situations we put ourselves in.

Yes! I do own a van The plan I've worked out in my head is to wait until they are older, that way I can homeschool them on the road. I couldn't imagine living in a van with two toddlers right now, my kids do not have that kind of patience. Ha!

I own my home and my vehicle so I'm pretty much dead broke for the next few years, cleaning and watching billions of kids for income now, but have hopes of fixing up the house and renting it for income later.

todd

Reaction score
having kids equals being dead broke.. lol, sounds like your doing a great job!

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads