News & Blogs - Cops Raid Marijuana Dispensary, Destroy Surveillance Equipment, Eat Pot Brownies, Joke About Assault | Squat the Planet

News & Blogs Cops Raid Marijuana Dispensary, Destroy Surveillance Equipment, Eat Pot Brownies, Joke About Assault

wizehop

Chasing the Darkness
Reaction score
https://reason.com/blog/2015/06/12/cops-raid-marijuana-dispensary-destroy-s

Cops in Santa Ana, California, donned ski masks to break and enter into a local medical marijuana dispensary, raiding it with guns drawn in a May 27 police action. They then proceeded to remove surveillance cameras and recording equipment, but they didn't remove it all. Video from a camera they didn't disable also caught the officers eating what appear to be marijuana edibles, then acting in a way to suggest they had become intoxicated, with one officer even joking that she'd love to kick a marijuana activist present at the raid, Marla James, an amputee, in the "nub."

As OC Weekly reports, the dispensary that was raided, the Sky High Collective, was one of several in Santa Ana that was not selected in a lottery process in February that permitted a limited number of dispensaries to operate. Via the OC Weekly blog:

James and her husband David told the Weekly that they were present at Sky High because their attorney Matt Pappas, had learned the collective would be raided from Santa Ana's city attorney, Sonia Carvalho."

"When they came back into the back room when David and I were, they asked us why we were there, and I told them we were there to observe them, the police," James recalled. "And they were really surprised about that." When James told the officers that "Sonia" had told her attorney about the raid, the officers didn't recognize the name. "They had no idea and it made them seem kind of stupid and maybe that's why they got mad."

James struggled to understand why the female officer in the video would make fun of her disability.

"You know what, I was really nice to that woman," James said. "I even complimented her on her hair. I treated that woman with respect and I have no idea why she wanted to kick my stump."

The police department insists the video that was made public was edited and not in chronological order, and have started an internal investigation, saying they hope unedited video will give them a "clearer picture" of what happened.

As other states move to legalize marijuana more forcefully and clearly than California has over the last twenty years, the problem of licensing shouldn't be ignored. Where the government legalizes marijuana by creating a legalized monopoly or cartel, they are keeping significant numbers of non-violent people out of the legal framework and in the crosshairs of authorities.

Reactions: Matt Derrick

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
wow is this for real??? Buncha dumb asses!!
doritos_flavored_tortilla_chips_29613.jpg

Andrea Van Scoyoc

Nomad Missionary & Tree Hugging Jesus Freak
Reaction score
I'd be interested in seeing the entire, unedited, video.

If these cops are as bad as this article makes them sound, they deserve whatever they get.

Preacher

Reaction score
They shoot and kill people on camera and get away with it. They just have to have an extended investigation till the sheeple's short attention span is diverted by Kim Kardashian's new butt implant.

Reactions: kriminalmisfit

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
i say we curb all officers of the law. then move on to the politicians.

Reactions: Haystack

creature

plastic wingnut in a microwave
Banned
Reaction score
but..but... the police are our **friends**!!

i mean they have to be, right??

i mean..they only kill the bad sheeple, right??

• Haha
Reactions: Matt Derrick

creature

Banned
Reaction score
"officer? i am only respectful because you have more rights than i do.."

creature

Banned
Reaction score
"The police department insists the video ,, was edited and not in chronological order"

soooo... they ate the fucking evidence & contemplated physically assaulting a suspect ***before*** they were stoned????

just want to clarify, a bit... hmm?

creature

Banned
Reaction score
obviously the fuckers **tampered & ate** the evidence, before hand..

think those shitwipes got any felony charges?

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads