Coolest thing you own?

Gin

Reaction score
whats an Alhambra?

ive got a little silvertone parlour i picked up in missoula last year.

nobody wants to play music anymore so im getting sketched out about the whole scene

Alhambra is the brand. Like Taylor or Fender. It's Spanish & nylon string.
I go back & forth with the music thing. I don't really play with other people but I busk at times. And sometimes travelling w/a guitar is a hassle.

Reactions: sevedemanos

sevedemanos

Reaction score
oh nice. i used to have a lucero. practiced a lot of barrios mangore.

buying this one was one of the better decisions ive made lately. the case is already falling apart but eventually ill find another for it. ive wanted to play on the streets with other people since i can remember, but i go back and forth with it also.. the people i meet are awesome but then i always get bummed out bc differences.

Gin

Reaction score
oh nice. i used to have a lucero. practiced a lot of barrios mangore.

buying this one was one of the better decisions ive made lately. the case is already falling apart but eventually ill find another for it. ive wanted to play on the streets with other people since i can remember, but i go back and forth with it also.. the people i meet are awesome but then i always get bummed out bc differences.

I'm self taught & sat alone learning so I never learned to play w/people. They usually have to play around me cuz I can't follow lol. Unless it's a huge jam like playing w/The Rainbow Gypsies & I know the song. I love my guitar tho. Before this one I had a Dobro but it was heavy af BTW That guitars beautiful. I'd love to learn Flamenco.

sevedemanos

Reaction score
yeah i was in a band for a short time in hs and i remember how difficult it was to improvise. its like learning a new language.. you can read spanish all you want but when the opportunity arrives to speak it, starting out, you draw a blank. its partially why i started recording myself playing bc the camera alone kind of simulates that same creative block a little bit and you get better at ‘feeling’ the music in a performance situation if that makes sense.

its hard to find places to practice singing and playing which i used to be able to do, so still in the process of relearning stuff

haha 😂 a dobro. thats rad.

Gin

Reaction score
yeah i was in a band for a short time in hs and i remember how difficult it was to improvise. its like learning a new language.. you can read spanish all you want but when the opportunity arrives to speak it, starting out, you draw a blank. its partially why i started recording myself playing bc the camera alone kind of simulates that same creative block a little bit and you get better at ‘feeling’ the music in a performance situation if that makes sense.

its hard to find places to practice singing and playing which i used to be able to do, so still in the process of relearning stuff

haha 😂 a dobro. thats rad.

I used to play in the shower when I was a kid. Acoustics rocked & there was one of those leg shaving benches to sit on. I've never had as a cool a shower since.
I've never recorded myself. I should & see what I look & sound like from the other side

sevedemanos

Reaction score
theres this youtube channel called black cab sessions where they just drive around paris w some band playing in back. acoustics are fun to experiment with

Reactions: Gin

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads