Coolest ride/kickdown ever

3knd

Reaction score
I hitched in front of a bus stop, got picked up...and kicked down some bud. That's always cool :)

3knd

Reaction score
Worcestor. I was hangin' out in front of subway with a banjo and some guy walked passed and kicked me down this heady joint.
Then I got wicked paranoid because I had an ass pain that I thought I was gonna die from. Worth it.

R

Rager

bout a year ago i had just lost my dog of three years on the road in Livonia LA "he was hit by a UP worker that didnt even stop...at 5 am im sitting on the side of the road holding my dead dog in my arms. of course cops did nothing but tell me if i had a job n house with my dog behind a fence he would still be alive" banned officially from that parish due to they dont like my kind..shitty day to say the least..made my way up to waycross GA in a day or two...flying a sign in the rain balling due to the loss of my bestfriend who was my 1st dog on the road...when i get enough to get a motel i head over to that shitty crack motel next to wallmart. the owner basically tells me we dont rent to you "train people" anymore i guess kids have fucked rooms up..i winged the fuck out on here saying it was just me in the room explained my situation of my dog and told her to fuck off. i started headed back out in the rain when she chased me down and apologized and gave me a room for 10$. In the time it took me to shower and dry off my story had be told to other quests and a couple that had been staying there knocked on my door. I opened the door and there stood this tiny month old hound pup at my feet surrounded by puppy food, toys, collar leash and a plate of dinner for me ....its been a year and roscoe p coal train is the rare breed called a plott hound perfect for my choice of lifestyle. He is atleast in my eyes the best kickdown i've ever gotten on the road.

bryanpaul

Reaction score
^ awesome fuckin story........

Reactions: notlateforsuppa

daveycrockett

Reaction score
icant even remember ive hitchedso many times but coming out of miami international airport a fellow picked me up coming right out of the terminal gave me aride to hollywood and 200 bucks for the bus i just wanted to go to lejuene to get to the beginning of 95 but.... another fellow driving a truck about 5 7 yrs later gave me a ride south carolina to philly one shot and something to eat, and and and and and bu ti do the same thing for other people when i can

Driftwhistler

Reaction score
The absolute first time I hitched, the people who picked us up smoked us a bowl in the car and sent us on our way with a sizable nug. Right before they picked us up, I'd been bitching about how east coast weed never gets me high anymoh, I just get body highs at the most, and the shit they gave us knocked me on my ass. The next day, hitching back out, I found $20 on the ground and we blew it on awful burritos that got my butt buddy sick, probably because he's got a bad gluten allergy but also because they smelled like a trash can fart and tasted even better worse.

edit: not really the coolest, but it was kinda rad, somewhat misleading for a first-time experience.

D

Deleted member 2626

Best one is a full size 2011 American Map atlas signed by the couplle who drove us such a long way and paid for food and cigarettes for us for a few days and one time a joint while hitchin through ar can sasssss

wildboy860

CrustyhoboHippycore
StP Supporter
Reaction score
so far... its been either my 1st backpack that i used when i hit the road, it was an old school badass EMS backpack that a frfiend kicked me down. or this past mardi gras infront of check point charlies i got my 1st hundo kickdown.

D

Deleted member 2626

got me a small internal EMS at a flea market full of gear for 50 bucks. good mid grade packs. ive beat mine pretty well with not much damage

Reaction score
my road dog and i had been thumbing outta boone for about an hour and a half, two hours, and seriously beginning to regret that we (without thinking) refused a ride from a man who was heading to the place we were actually going. we are standing right in front of the long ass driveway to a house and suddenly a white SUV pulls into the driveway, guy pops his head out and says he lives 30 miles down the road and can take us 30 minutes down the freeway. he ends up offering to smoke us down at his friend's house. when we we go inside and its this $2 million dollar huge ass oak paneled shit with this cat junglegym and acres and acres of farmland outside. he smokes us down with his long ass sherlock pipe and drives us outta his way, 45 miles the rest of the way. hell yeah.

Oddman

Reaction score
I gave myself five days to get from Berlin to Lisbon, about 1800 miles. I wasn't doing too great the first day, since I only got to the other side of Germany, and then it started getting dark, which always means crap hitchhiking. Except today! Because I found two old Norwegian guys who were on their annual migration south to Spain. And that was absolutely fucking perfect for me, and they decided I was good people and took me the whole way - but not only that, one of them (the one who was driving me) put me up secretly in his motel room the first night and then bought me a second bed the second night, and he also paid for all my meals, and these were awesome meals, and he entertained me the whole time with tales of his old hitchhiking days. His friend was slightly more surly and thrifty but he told me about when he was a trucker before the borders all got opened up and poor Spanish border agents would demand a cut of your cargo before you could enter the country, such as two herrings if you were hauling a truckload of herrings. At the end of it in Valencia he also handed me 35 euros ($50). Motherfucking gravy train! THAT'S who I should send a postcard to! I'm sending postcards to a few people I met in Europe, and I have a couple postcards I didn't know who to send to.

kriminalmisfit

Reaction score
Best ride was in Denver the day after 4/20 this year. I'm flying a sign somewhere off of highway 70, just trying to rack up a few bucks in the early afternoon but it wasn't happening. I ended up walking back to the gas station with a pocketful of change just thinking I would get a cup of coffee, but when I walked up this middle aged hippy type lady approached me, her car was full of outdoor shit, books, a bike, a small annoying dog among other things. So she ended up taking me with her after I said I was going to grand junction.
Turns out she was on the way back to SLC after displaying the pipes and weed books she made/wrote at a 4/20 pot convention in Denver. she was headed to SLC but said she'd be spending 2 days in Moab before that and would I like to join her? The response was a resounding "hell yes!". So we headed down to moab, Utah where she put me in a hostel for 2 nights, and took me to arches national park as well, which was a once in a lifetime experience for me. (We went to grand monument national park too as we passed thru GJ).

So after 2 bad ass days in Moab, she took me to SLC and her place, I met her son who was my age and normal as fuck. Anyway, I crashed at her house, the next day I pulled weeds and mowed her lawn, she took me to a post office to send some mail and sent me on my way to Ogden yard with a 20 spot and a pack of pall malls.

Best kick down was in Colorado Springs.. Me and a buddy were flying a sign that said "get us stoned" or something to that effect. A truck pulled up with a guy and a girl and they told us to hop in, they would smoke us up with honey oil. So they did just that, and handed me down a bad ass army coat! (Insect repellent!)

Reactions: shellshell

briancray

Reaction score
Website
www.bikethe.us
Hitched a ride with a group of hippies to Laytonville. Pockets, Bumble Bee and Mathis, and two girls. They all gas jugged at each town we were in...let me off in Laytonville and hooked me up with a free eighth of weed and a hit of some damn good acid in exchange for a 2008 Atlas that was given to me. That was my coolest drug kickdown.

Reactions: XlilyX

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads