Coolest camp you've ever had?

Nemo

Reaction score
For me one of the best places I've gone camping was in the black mountains at a festival called the leaf festival.. I was young then so I'm not sure how much I'd like it now of course. But there were friendly people everywhere, everyone "was caring and sharing".. It was a great time at age 14.

As far as super-secret-awesome-hideaway camps I haven't much on that frontier besides when yet again I was young and a neighbor Adam built a series of underground tunnels and rooms underground in our neighborhood. That was neat-o but way too dusty.

I've actually been dreaming up a little something lately and gathering materials along the way but land is so scarce to come by at a good price. I guess I'll have to take my risk and chance it by squatting.

OH camping one summer with a close group of friends we built a spiderweb deal high in a few of oak trees. It was a nylon rope net attached to 3 trees not so far away.. We used Ashiko hand and foot spikes to climb to the lower-level branches to secure the setup. That, I think was my favorite sleep/camping style ever. A lot of work but worth it.

joshbryan

Reaction score
bokor hill staion, cambodia. It's an old french military stronghold and current ghost town atop a huge "hill" (mountain) on the coast. We squatted on the roof of the hotel. Google bokor hill station for pictures. the sunset was incredible. best birthday of my life.

joshbryan

Reaction score
or, agua verde, baja california. A beautiful beach with a private abandoned palapa, old fishing boat, our own island, shit loads of fire wood, Bioluminescent plankton, tons of beautiful and tasty fish, and a wonderful little fishing town/camp just down the dirt road. It was incredible. I 've been twice and will return.

Eden

Reaction score
The best time I ever had in Florida was taking a boat out to one of the barrier islands near Key Largo and setting up shop. Had an entire island to ourselves, made all the noise and ruckus we wanted and never saw hind nor hair of anyone else, especially the coast guard. If you've ever been to the Keys you should know all about the green trees, crystal blue waters, and spectacular orange sunset.

K

katbastard

coolest camp I ever had was the tank at Slab city. I built a hanging house inside and a tiredome on the roof and a kitchen and water system in there and stuff. LAst I heard, Moth took it over and had some christmas lights going with my old solar panels (I never did get them working). Definitely my dream home, with a view of the sunset route no less.
that place was awesome bote, tobad moth is shitting in the bottom now. but the awesomeness will still be there after he is long gone

K

katbastard

the best camp i have ever had was in slab city in one of the old ammo lockers, its a 20 foot by 20 feet, had screen at the door to keep out the horse flys, had shade cloth to keep it cool, this was during the summer, temps get to around 120 degrees. had tiki tourches and a hot springs 1/2 miles away, queen size real bed in there, this place was pimped the fuck out. here are a few pix but i wish i had more. the first two pix are the hall way going in to the box, my road dog douche bag kevin in the pix, the next pic of of me and an exgirl friend who i dont really like, at the mouth of the hall way, the next two pix are of the sut set out side my place.
View attachment 22316 View attachment 22317 View attachment 22318 View attachment 22319 View attachment 22320

venusinpisces

Reaction score
the best camp i have ever had was in slab city in one of the old ammo lockers, its a 20 foot by 20 feet, had screen at the door to keep out the horse flys, had shade cloth to keep it cool, this was during the summer, temps get to around 120 degrees.
View attachment 22316 View attachment 22317 View attachment 22318 View attachment 22319 View attachment 22320
These are nice pics. I want to head down there in a couple months and have been looking for photos of the place.

Diagaro

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Hippie chick bushwhack Zak and I found a awsome one in east meridian mississippi some over grown old railyard sidetrax and switching area.
Lots of old evidence of beign a hopout/jungle/hobo camp
I'll not post pixures here, they are on our respective facebooks
We got smashed and had a huge bon/trash fire then fell asleep on top of a grainer in the yard and caught back into NoLa at about 4 in the morning

venusinpisces

Reaction score
One of my favorite camps was deep in Golden Gate Park, in an area completely covered with bramble bush. I had a 2 person tent set up in the thick of it for about 3-4 months and nobody ever took a thing because it was so well hidden. I get cold easily but was toasty every night due to all the insulation from tarps, tent and multiple sleeping bags. I even had a gigantic cooler back there! :D Don't even think about trying this anywhere near Hippie Hill or the beach. Those areas are well patrolled by the police, especially by the hill.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads