Cooking using a Hobo Stove | Squat the Planet

Cooking using a Hobo Stove

ProfessorX

Reaction score
So I've found the best method for me is the mini burn barel method. Basically it works like a burn barel but is a coffee can. You need to drill/ cut holes all over the sides of the can so you get proper ventilation. You fire will go out with out proper ventilation. I repeat you need lots of holes or your fire will go out.

When you start your fire use only small pieces of wood. Get some coals going first and then fill the can with wood. Should last about 30-40 minutes after it is going.

Shark

Reaction score
I wanna make something like this . I planned on using either a coffee can or a clean paint bucket then bending a coat hanger as pot stand. The thing he has in his video is pretty much exactly what your talking about but its store bought. I just gotta figure out where to cut holes and such.

EDIT: I actually found this great diagram to make your own bushbuddy stove. Check it out.

View attachment 9009

EastCoast315

Reaction score
So sick. I just bought a liquid fuel multifuel stove (MSR Whisperlite, 15 ounces, $90), that burns anything, from whiskey to auto fuel to white gas. But before I got that, I'd take a coffee can and cut a 3 inch square towards the bottom, but leave one side uncut, so it was like a little door you could open and close, and tend the fire through. It was dope.

CanoeTramp

Reaction score

CanoeTramp

Reaction score
Reactions: Psi em

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$0.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads