Contemplating a bike tour | Squat the Planet

Contemplating a bike tour

Jeronimo

Reaction score
Hey everyone I've been lurking here for awhile now , love all the great info. Anyways I do tree work here in Pennsylvania and have the winters off (Jan 1st- Apr 1st) where I can collect seasonal unemployment. I usually just ski bum but this winter i am seriously contemplating a bike tour , a month or two tops because I am not quite as free as some of y'all and i would still have to pay rent for the time i am gone :(

Anyway my question is for any bikers , what would be a good ride for me to do during the winter months ?? a warmer climate (no freezing temps), something relatively flat , and with plenty of trees so i can camp and bum around.

I would greatly appreciate any suggestions !

Reactions: Dunedrifter

Dunedrifter

Reaction score
Your best bet would be Southern California toward Florida on the Southern Tier route for that time of year. Of course being in Pennsylvania, you'd need to get you and your bike there somehow...

Gypsybones

Reaction score
Website
highonwheels.tumblr.com
Hit up the rails to trails page and find what you're looking for. South Florida will be nice and flat, so i would go for the East Coast Greenway. You can catch the train down for cheap and put your bike on for $20 (that's roll on service, so you dint have ti box it)

Reactions: Jeronimo

ironman

Reaction score
I did the whole winter in South Florida. You should to .if you can pass drug test and background there work there to I didn't work last winter I just rode around FL till spring now I'm working again

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads