Contacts in Central or South America

money

Reaction score
hey, im a lady hitching through central and south america right now, looking around for any contacts anywhere in this part fo the world that would be down to just kick it. i wanna get involved with anything, farms, fincas, cooperatives, shit i dont care. im in for the adventure and trying to help out wherever i can. if you know someone or can send me in the right direction let me know. ill be here for a year. woohoo!

bote

Reaction score
hey, just checked out your profile and have to agree with Chalmbers, fill out some info, it'll help. If you want some sort of specific info, shoot me a pm about it, I just spent a year that-a-way myself, was in Lima until yesterday.

logan714

Rev Quay Lude The Church of the SubGenius http:
StP Supporter
Reaction score
rainbow gathering happing there now

l

coldsteelrail

Reaction score
hey check out:
Free and low-cost volunteer work in South America
It's a diverse and extensive list of free/low cost volunteer opportunities in mexico, central, and south america.
Here are two communal finca's i've heard good things about or have experience with in Guatemala: http://www.comunidadnuevaalianza.org/ and Finca La Florida - Bienvenidos
If you dig well enough, you can find the wwoof mexico 2008 list on google.
I might have a wwoof belize, and other interesting listings. If you want PM me, and i will try to find more info.

money

Reaction score
ha i heard about the rainbow gathering. im gonna stay as far away as possible! thanks for the info, i got the woofing for central america, some south american coutnries and ecuador, so im set on that.

jbx

Reaction score
money,

I don’t know if you’re interested in anything that is very much on the “gringo trail” but I recently went through some of Central and South America and in Panama City there is a hostel run by a group of people from Eugene, Oregon that you can work at (doing nearly anything) for a place to sleep. They’re real friendly and took my friends and me out to a number of events in the area. Depending on the type and quality of your work you may even get some monies, I got paid in shitty Panamanian beer. I ran errands, worked the check in counter, and decorated. If you come up with a reasonable idea it will probably be fine. It may not be exactly what you’re looking for but if you find yourself in Panama City it isn’t a bad place to go, just watch out for the surrounding area, armed muggings are common. I wouldn’t worry too much, just know where you are and don’t carry valuables (the usual tips).

I was also wondering how you were planning on crossing from Central to South America; if you know and don’t mind sharing. I’m also interested in any information, tips, stories you have from traveling through Central America, I am planning on returning next winter and the more information I can gather the better.

jbx.

p.s. – Here is a link to their website
Luna's Castle Hostel

trystero

Reaction score
i'm planning on moving down to santiago in november. does anyone have any tips on getting there that doesn't involve flying?

r3353

Reaction score
Also you can look into the7interchange.com for low/no-cost volunteer groups around the world. i havent used them yet, but plan to as soon as i leave the country.
@ Trystero Why not hitch hike?

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads