1. Not like it changes anything, but we are obligated to inform you that we are using cookies - so, we just did. Learn More.
  2. Hey you! Yeah, we see you there, lurking! Well, this notice is just to let you know that there's several sections of the website that are available to members only! You're missing out on a lot of stuff by not signing up for an account! It's free, so what have you got to lose?
    Dismiss Notice

consensus run open land.

Discussion in 'Alternative Housing' started by hobbes, Jul 2, 2017.

1. hobbes

hobbes Just signed up

Achievements:
    City:
    Lafayette
    State:
    TN
    View on map:
    Ratings:
    +5 / -0
    We are looking for radical revolutionarys, people who want to work with others to shift things in a positive way.
    You are welcome to join us.
    The Garden is a off grid consensus run land project in Tennessee that is being used to facilitate creating positive change.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Matt Derrick

Matt Derrick StP Founder, Admin, and travel addict
    Staff Member Admin

Featured Threads:
    Achievements:
    Professional Adventurer
    City:
    Cle Elum
    State:
    WA
    View on map:
    My Website(s):
    Ratings:
    +7,803 / -48
    i don't mean to be a jerk here, but you're really going to need to be a lot more detailed than that. you have land, and want radicals that are interested in positive change. okay, what does that mean?

also, please re-read our rules as posting the same content in multiple areas violates our spam rules.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. OP
    OP
    hobbes

hobbes Just signed up

Achievements:
    City:
    Lafayette
    State:
    TN
    View on map:
    Ratings:
    +5 / -0
    The Garden is a 21 Acer plot of land in Lafayette TN with a field, pond and creeks. In the past few years things have been done and stuff has been built to better sustain people on the land. We now have lots of fruits growing and fertile fields for planting, there is a kitchen, pump house, shower, library, tool shed's, out house, green house, pig pen, goat pen, rabbit hutch's and chicken coops. There is also places for people to stay with wood burning stoves. The Garden is open consensus run land where any one is welcome. The people we are really looking for are those that want to make the world a better place. The Garden is a resource for these people. It is a place to step out and not participate in the system while working with like minded people to make something better.

• Like Like x 1
  4. OP
    OP
    hobbes

hobbes Just signed up

Achievements:
    City:
    Lafayette
    State:
    TN
    View on map:
    Ratings:
    +5 / -0
    If there's anything specific you would like to know I would be happy to explain....As far as the multiple post I was just thinking that the post fit in in more than one place..... Just trying to let people know that we are here.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Tatanka

Tatanka Can't get enough of the site

Achievements:
    View on map:
    Ratings:
    +610 / -19
    Exactly what I want to hear. I have my own little land set up but am alone. I'd maybe want to check er out this winter. Open mind and space for one honest and hardworking carpenter and his dog and pack burro? If I don't winter over with family I did think on walking down to TN or NC for winter, weather pending.

6. OP
    OP
    hobbes

hobbes Just signed up

Achievements:
    City:
    Lafayette
    State:
    TN
    View on map:
    Ratings:
    +5 / -0
    You and your companions are welcome anytime, we usually have plenty of space in the winter. What do you have going on your land?

7. Tatanka

Tatanka Can't get enough of the site

Achievements:
    View on map:
    Ratings:
    +610 / -19
    I have my little one tiny windowed 12 by 12 shack with small yet perfect wood stove.A privy. My tiny little crappy garden and that's about it. Good accepting neighbors though. I have a few good water sources including some rain collection. I do a little hunting and trapping on connecting land. No chickens or anything because I can't be nomadic with em.

8. Linda Hansen

Linda Hansen is getting to know the place

Achievements:
    disabled
    City:
    Parkersburg
    State:
    WV
    View on map:
    Ratings:
    +40 / -0
    this sounds really interesting! Do you also use solar panels and generators for electric?

9. boxcar

boxcar Just signed up

Achievements:
    City:
    Banff
    State:
    AB
    View on map:
    Ratings:
    +1 / -0
    Hey, would love to lend a hand here and there. Happy to work for bed and board if you have it?

• Like Like x 1
  10. strangeandsolo

strangeandsolo is getting to know the place

Achievements:
    rambling tech
    City:
    Casa Grande
    State:
    AZ
    View on map:
    Ratings:
    +9 / -0
    Very interested. Needs lots of planning on my part, i am in AZ currently. i have construction skills and am a good laborer. pm me with more info please and thank you.

• Like Like x 1
  11. THEOEHT

THEOEHT is getting to know the place

Achievements:
    City:
    Randle
    State:
    WA
    View on map:
    Ratings:
    +19 / -0
    I assume your talkin bout shut up and grow it? i stayed for a couple weeks 3 or 4 years ago. im thining bout stopping by in the winter. ive got some land in washington, also starting a community farm, so far just 2 of us + travellers passing through short term.