Cheap place for buskers

flaternik

Reaction score
Servus!

I'm looking for some advice and it looks like this forum is the best place to get a try. Currently I live with my girlfriend in cold, wet and ugly Poland (cities are ugly but mountains are beautiful) and that country doesn't enable us to develop our skills and make money by means of them. We are jugglers and we want to fully dive in it. Poland doesn't work because of a few reasons. Firstly as I wrote winters are cold, it's quite tricky to juggle few hours a day in the streets when it's raining or even snowing. So the first requirement are warm winters. Secondly right know I have to spend 160 hours a month in a stupid job to pay bills for renting and buy food (finally I have nothing, it's like living paycheck to paycheck). It consumes too much of my energy. Then I'm not able to do my best in juggling. It's quite a weak deal. Our destination should be quite cheap and I just mean expenses for food. About accommodation I consider living in a tent (or in a van) so other requirements are closeness of the sea, wild nature with relatively closeness of touristic cities (good for buskers). I suppose you know what I would like to find. Understanding of English and possibilities to find a temporary job are also quite important.

Let me know about some amazing places.

Reactions: Mankini

roguetrader

Reaction score
England ? mild winters these days, better paid work perhaps.... and if you get homesick half your countrymen are here already ! Southern Europe would have better weather but money wise I think you'd make more juggling in the UK - most jugglers and buskers I've met in Spain / Portugal / France seem to make survival money only..... all depends how good your act is !

Sent from my Nexus 7 using the Squat the Planet mobile app!

Reactions: Mankini

flaternik

Reaction score
I'm a bit surprised but in a nice way. I never thought about countries to the north of Poland (except for Norway because of forests / mountains / landscapes but it's an idea for summer). About England - I'll never suffer from such a disease like homesick. Moreover such a great population of Polish people in England can be just a reason why I'll NOT go there. Really. But quite seriously I'm not sure if I can still easily get to England after BREXIT (for a long-term stay). Spain has a lot of disadvantages like a big unemployment, low salaries, still non-English-speaking in many regions, high prices (I've been on Menorca this summer and I broke the bank in supermarkets) but our philosophy aims to completly minimize taking any full-time jobs. Finally I would like to find something like a wild island with such a quantity of food that it can make us alive. I don't even know if there are such places in the world. So if I can choose a well-paid England with necessity of renting a room (we lived for a week in a van in Poland while it was raining all the time - it was completely not funny) or living in a tent or a van in a warm country, earning less but having to spend much less (no rent) - I'm more for the latter option.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads