Central American Bike tour!

mattattack

Reaction score
I just finished a two month bike tour across Central America and it was freaking incredible. If there is a haven for scumbag travelers this place is it. Super easy to live on the road, very kind and generous people. We free camped every night in peoples farms, lands, houses, & beaches without any problems. People really have a differant idea of private property down here especially compared to the states. Hitching is really easy, lots of pickup bed rides. General no rules. Food is crazy cheap and fresh fruit and veggies even cheaper. You are buying from local people at markets most of the time as well. Anyone planning to travel this way, do it! Get out of the cities, learn some Spanish, and enjoy this wonderful place.

lowerarchy

Reaction score
That sounds like a hell of a trip, I assume from your pic you're talking cycling not motorbikes, did you roll down there from the states or fly and start biking when you were there? What countries? Lots of other cyclist/touring types? Was it easy to hitch with a bike?

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
That sounds freaking awesome.

soapybum

Reaction score
I'm gonna be doing this at some point (hopefully) to see my friend in Argentina, sounds like a dumb question, but how fucked would I be if i don't know Spanish?

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads