C-Squat

Dirty Rig

Reaction score
I have a couple of friends that have stayed there. They said it's mostly junkies and tweekers. They've also said that unless you know someone there who can vouch for you, they'll turn ya away at the door. I was talking to Nico at a Star-Fucking Hipsters show last year and she mentioned the place is pretty much a co-op now. They evidently bought the building from the city of New York and charge something like $20 a month per room to pay for water and electricity. I don't know how relevant this information is now, or even how accurate it is, but she and Ezra both offered me a room at C-Skwuat if I was ever in New York. But considering the junkies and overall condescending attitude, I think I'd rather find my own place ;)

ps: don't take this as bible truth. i've never been to the place, this is just second hand informations i've gotten from friends who've crashed there and the permanent tenants. i'm sure some other people on this forum have stayed there before and can probably offer more accurate info.

M

Mouse

I can second the junky-tiude of the place.

there's already a thread about NYC talking about this. that's why I laugh.

c-squat isn't all it's cracked up to be *coughcrackhehecough*

Toxic*Flood*Brew

Reaction score
I've been there a couple of times to jam with nico and shane and whoever comes down to the basement..i don't know how you think their all junkies most of them aren't.They all have rooms so if they do shoot up it's not like your around it.I've found most ppl drinking beer and playing instruments.It's not as bad as everyone says. And as far as turning ppl away..come on ...it's C squat..how many leftover crack runaway fans would be like "I wanna squat at c squat" i'd do the same thing

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads