Busking in Switzerland !

otch0z

Reaction score
sup

I'm currently in france and i was thinking about going to busk in Switzerland as they got that monayyy
Anybody got experience busking there ? Any tips on where it would be better ? French part ? German part ? Italian ?

If i end up doing it I'll keep yall posted on how it went

Ciao

searover

Reaction score
Spill the beans! I've heard the money is indeed crazy but how was it?

In Basel:

In the city of Basel, performances by buskers or street artists, whether individuals or groups of up to four persons, are permitted only at the following times: Monday – Saturday, 11:00 – 12:30 and 16:00 – 20:30. On Sundays when shops are open: 13:00 – 18:30. On other Sundays and public holidays, playing music or performing in the streets is forbidden. Performances may only begin on the hour within the permitted times and must not last more than 30 minutes. No performances are permitted between the half-hour and the full hour.
Additionally, no music near hospitals or the zoo, "The same performer(s) may not play or perform for more than 30 minutes at the same location on the same day," and "when moving to a new location, performers must not be within earshot of the previous location or of other performances." Rule breakers are subject to a fine of 100 CHF, roughly equivalent to 100 EUR or 109 USD at the time of writing.

source: "Information on Busking" flyer from the Kantonspolizei.

• Useful
Reactions: Anagor

searover

Reaction score
Excellent news, wonder if Switzerland's profitability for buskers still holds up after the pandemic. Shame it seems somewhat restrictive for camping compared to say, Scandinavia.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads