Bumming in Roseville.... | Squat the Planet

Bumming in Roseville....

trashswag86

Reaction score
Long story short, I'm waiting out the colder months, wishing I had cold gear to get up to Portland. Totally broke, and no real way to make money other than sign flying, or god help me if I could get an under the table job. Was in the Bay for a minute, but had to get out. Crazy story. Religiously motivated homophobic homebums. 5 of them. Made a pact to fuck me up. I got out, knee's somewhat fucked up but healing. This place sucks, as you know. Waaaaaay more homeless here than 3 years ago. Lotsa tweakers. Homeless meals all expect you to ditch you're pack outside the dining room while you eat. That shit makes me blow up. Never met Flood, but at least he's retired now. ANYWAY, if anyone got any tips for me in this town, that'd be cool. Not for catching out, I mean for bumming it while I wait out the cold. Or is there somewhere close by I should hitch to? Never been to Sac -for any amount of time, anyway. Any advice appreciated. This is just a shot in the dark.

Coywolf

Make America Freight Again
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Dude. So much better places to bum around than Roseville.

Go up to the hill country. Gold strike area. Sonora, ect...

Also, it's so easy to find free gear at shelters around that area...if you can get online to StP you can find shelters that give out cold weather gear.

Ringo

Reaction score
I second what Coywolf said pretty much. There’s a Walmart pretty close to the yard. If your gonna be that much better off in Portland I’d make a little $, hit up some shelters for blankets and just ride north.. Its an easy enough hop, and only 10-12 hours through the mountains. If your gonna stay down there, definitely get out of Roseville. Go somewhere smaller/further from the big cities.

pewpew

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
In assuming you're talking about Cali, Folsom is close by and it's a pretty chill area with less homebums but not many spots to camp coz cops are dicks. But the nightly dinners are good because usually nobody shows up so you can get 2nds and 3rds

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
man, riding from roseville to portland this time of year is gonna be really fucking cold, and frankly, i think portland would only be marginally better.

Ringo

Reaction score
Totally. Unless he knows people there or something. I know people who like staying in Folsom too, maybe worth checking out. I’ve never been.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads