Bug out bag

Johny

Reaction score
I've lived out doors most my life, even when I have a home I hike and camp.
So I was wondering, does anyone else carry a bag for if everything goes to hell? I.e. van breaks down, cops steal it and you have to hitch out or something.
I normally have a 65-75ltr.bag with some clothing dehydrated food, camelback bivy sleeping bag firestarters flashlight /head lamp maps sleeping pad dog stuff ect.

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
i've never had anything like that before since i've just never had the room. but once i get my bus/van i figure that's something I'll have prepared and set aside. basically a bag with all the stuff I'd normally travel with. once I get my vehicle i'm planning on saving money to go abroad anyways, so I'll need it for when I do that as well.

Reactions: Mankini and Johny

Mankini

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
image.jpeg
all 5 seasons of the golden girls on dvd. my cat t-shirt.

Rob Nothing

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
Yeah. pack is still loaded and ready to pick up where I left off. Wherever I am whatever I'm doing I feel in perpetual motion as if still on the road, just not always carrying it on my back. The lifestyle is not without a certain permanence. It's like when you leave off that once into the bush or wherever, you leave off forever from country and possessions. You leave the death-machine for good and always and are forever outside of it even if still using it. So long as that pack is ready, which takes miles and miles to build and hone into something custom tailored to your own preferences and lifestyles, you are a sovereign nation.

Johny

Reaction score
Yeah. pack is still loaded and ready to pick up where I left off. Wherever I am whatever I'm doing I feel in perpetual motion as if still on the road, just not always carrying it on my back. The lifestyle is not without a certain permanence. It's like when you leave off that once into the bush or wherever, you leave off forever from country and possessions. You leave the death-machine for good and always and are forever outside of it even if still using it. So long as that pack is ready, which takes miles and miles to build and hone into something custom tailored to your own preferences and lifestyles, you are a sovereign nation.
Pretty much

jonnyarlathotep

Reaction score
I just recently finished making my bugout bag, call it paranoia but the way things are shaping up the election in the states , the North Korea threats the "terrorist bombings" just the general absurdity of living in the machine......clothes change, bump keys, knife, fishing line, snare wire, rain jacket, PVC tubing (for xylem water filter), and little handbook of edible plants ....you just never know when shit will hit the fan

Johny

Reaction score
Ya man I hear ya , it just gives me peice of mind .
For instance my wife left me a week ago and if I had my bag set up again I would feel safer now I'm homeless with nothing.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads