Broken zipper on Field & Stream mummy bag - Need guidance | Squat the Planet

Broken zipper on Field & Stream mummy bag - Need guidance

Fungus

Reaction score
Anyone know good articles on the best way to reattach a zipper to a sleeping bag? Is there services like that generally offered at dry-cleaners or other establishments? The things fucking worthless at this time of year.

Shipwrek

Reaction score
Hey there, its a really eazy fix. If the zip just came unsewn get a needle and thread.and.copy the way its done on the other side. If the zipper-pull came off the track,,,, cut the bottom of the side thats undone slide the pull all the way down and thread the undone side in. zip up a ways and melt the bottom of the tracks together with a lighter(plastic) or sew thread round and round the bottom. Hope that helped..

L.C.

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
They sell an "as seen on t.v." universal zipper repair kit. It looks like you just snap on the replacement zipper piece, and you're good to go. You should be able to find it in Wal-mart. If not, like shipwreck said, sew it up. Another thing you could do is buy a replacement zipper from someplace like Jo-ann Fabrics, or rig something with snaps.

bryanpaul

Reaction score
such a hard thing to try to discuss over internet....but yeah if you cant figger anything else out...you can look for a sleeping bag (crappy little kids one etc) at a goodwill and cut the zipper off and sew it to yours.....or if you can find a zip-up jacket you can cut the zipper off it and use it, wont be as long as the original, youll have to sew up the difference.............is your bag -15 degree blue+burgundy with a field and stream logo right under where your face would be? if so yeah, thats the sleeping bag i have now....FUCKIN NICE...had it out and about for 2 winters....just kinda big

ayyyjayyy

Godzillerator
Reaction score
Anyone know good articles on the best way to reattach a zipper to a sleeping bag? Is there services like that generally offered at dry-cleaners or other establishments? The things fucking worthless at this time of year.

See in a new zipper. Not rocket science... What's with the questions at the top anyway?????

Nelco

Reaction score
sew it shut

Reactions: ayyyjayyy

Fungus

Reaction score
Thanks alot ayyyjayyy you arrogant ***********, once again you have divulged so much helpful information.

Yes, Bryan Paul, it is rather difficult to explain via computer but mine is a 0 degree F&S (Green/Black) and aside from cigarette burns and this zipper it is also very nice for the low price I paid for it.

Shipwreck, it did come completely off the tracks and that's a good idea to melt the tracks back together after I get the zipper back on.

Redd Capp

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
I had cash and the same problem...went from taylor shop to Taylor shop in SW PA and no luck....got a price of 76.00---half the cost of the bag....I got a new one....Seems the weakest point on a bag is the zipper on a bag and the last thing that EMS wants to repair....

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads