Broken zipper on Field & Stream mummy bag - Need guidance (1 Viewer)

Who's NOT gay?

• Al Pacino's character in film "Dog Day Afternoon"

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Linsday Lohan

• Jodie Foster

• Total voters

Fungus

Lurker
Hometown
Chattanooga, TN
Anyone know good articles on the best way to reattach a zipper to a sleeping bag? Is there services like that generally offered at dry-cleaners or other establishments? The things fucking worthless at this time of year.

We sell all kinds of other stuff in our Etsy store!

Shipwrek

Lurker
Hometown
Olywa wildlife
Hey there, its a really eazy fix. If the zip just came unsewn get a needle and thread.and.copy the way its done on the other side. If the zipper-pull came off the track,,,, cut the bottom of the side thats undone slide the pull all the way down and thread the undone side in. zip up a ways and melt the bottom of the tracks together with a lighter(plastic) or sew thread round and round the bottom. Hope that helped..

L.C.

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Hometown
Philly.
They sell an "as seen on t.v." universal zipper repair kit. It looks like you just snap on the replacement zipper piece, and you're good to go. You should be able to find it in Wal-mart. If not, like shipwreck said, sew it up. Another thing you could do is buy a replacement zipper from someplace like Jo-ann Fabrics, or rig something with snaps.

bryanpaul

Rambler
Hometown
eastern shore of Maryland
such a hard thing to try to discuss over internet....but yeah if you cant figger anything else out...you can look for a sleeping bag (crappy little kids one etc) at a goodwill and cut the zipper off and sew it to yours.....or if you can find a zip-up jacket you can cut the zipper off it and use it, wont be as long as the original, youll have to sew up the difference.............is your bag -15 degree blue+burgundy with a field and stream logo right under where your face would be? if so yeah, thats the sleeping bag i have now....FUCKIN NICE...had it out and about for 2 winters....just kinda big

ayyyjayyy

Godzillerator
Hometown
austin, texas
Anyone know good articles on the best way to reattach a zipper to a sleeping bag? Is there services like that generally offered at dry-cleaners or other establishments? The things fucking worthless at this time of year.
See in a new zipper. Not rocket science... What's with the questions at the top anyway?????

OP
Fungus

Fungus

Lurker
Hometown
Chattanooga, TN
Thanks alot ayyyjayyy you arrogant ***********, once again you have divulged so much helpful information.

Yes, Bryan Paul, it is rather difficult to explain via computer but mine is a 0 degree F&S (Green/Black) and aside from cigarette burns and this zipper it is also very nice for the low price I paid for it.

Shipwreck, it did come completely off the tracks and that's a good idea to melt the tracks back together after I get the zipper back on.

Redd Capp

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
I had cash and the same problem...went from taylor shop to Taylor shop in SW PA and no luck....got a price of 76.00---half the cost of the bag....I got a new one....Seems the weakest point on a bag is the zipper on a bag and the last thing that EMS wants to repair....

OP
Fungus

Fungus

Lurker
Hometown
Chattanooga, TN
Hell, I oughtta replace the zipper track with velcrow and additional buttons so I don't have to deal with it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Support StP!

Donations go towards paying our monthly server fees, adding new features to the website, and occasionally putting a burrito in Matt's mouth.

Total amount
$150.00
Goal
$100.00

Monthly Goals

1. Paying the Bills
    $50.00 of $50.00 - reached!
    The first $50 in donations go towards paying our monthly server fees and adding new features to the website. Once this goal is reached, we'll see about feeding Matt that burrito.
  2. Buy Matt a Beer
    $75.00 of $75.00 - reached!
    Now that we have the bills paid for this month, let's give Matt a hearty thank you by buying him a drink for all the hard work he's done for StP. Hopefully his will help keep him from going insane after a long day of squishing website bugs.
  3. Feed Matt a Burrito
    $100.00 of $100.00 - reached!
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt has a beer in his hand, how about showing him your love by rewarding all his hard work with a big fat burrito to put in his mouth. This will keep him alive while programming new features for the website.
  4. Finance the Shopping Cart
    $150.00 of $200.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt is fed, perhaps it's time to start planning for those twilight years under the bridge... if only he had that golden shopping cart all the oogles are bragging about these days.

Latest Status Updates

Eastbound from San Antonio! See ya soon nola.
Looking for someone or a group to travel with and show me the ropes. Total newbie
Free punk show HAAM benefit at BuzzSaw tonight 7pm in Austin!
Much nicer riding weather today! Howdy, Austin! I'll be around a few days I think, trying to get new tires on the motorbike before I move on.
Im in the bay headed to reno tonight, had a good week with good people and good miles. The tehachapi loop gets prettier every time.
Best part of unexpected kindness - (drum roll)
IT'S UNEXPECTED
Got to Beaumont. Fucking brrr, man. Someone remind me again what just what the hell am I doing in Texas?
leptospirosis--- possum piss in the water! feel awful! this is what killed lincons mum!! be careful of yoru water playmates!!!
Omg this shit happened again :( my love is back behide bars :( what can I do 2 make the most of the time I have now???
Heading Southwest tomorrow. Hoping to make the Sam Houston National Forest by nightfall. Gonna be a long day of riding...

Members online