Bridging monogamy & polyamory to rapid moving on for more emotional travelers

Reaction score
I've never found a bridge between polyamory and monogamy, in fact I've just tried it recently, and failed dramatically, the only way to cope with this difficulty is live the moment, but also don't forget the past and think about the future, remember why you have your preferences whatever they may be, and objectively don't get mixed up into something you, or the person you like won't handle, there's 7 billion people in the world, if you can't find an arrangement with one then just find another that looks just like him/her

QueerCoyote

granola punk
Reaction score
There is no bridge between monogamy and polyamory. The only thing that's going to do is perpetuate unhealthy dynamics. If you're monogamous, you're going to resent your partner, or feel insecure, sharing them. That's why someone identifies as monogamous, they desire that they have one partner who is explicitly with them. If you were okay with polyamory you wouldn't be "bridging" the two, you would just be poly.

• Agree
Reactions: AAAutin

PrisMiQue

Reaction score
I’ve had similar conversations with some old co workers.
gosh I can’t remember the book title now but one of my co workers had referred me to read this book that discussed how monogamy is not natural. That monogamy only came to be when land became property, when people began to claim territory. Women became man property and thus monogamy came to be.
another co worker of mine was married but was in an open relationship with her husband (Both bisexual w/ 4 kids). She freely talked to her husband about other guys their dates, sex etc..
I mean no jealousy?? No feeling of being “not enough” to the other??
Yah I guess that’s how their relationship was.
Could that be the bridge...?
🤔
Like a relationship where you can be married to one person but both are so tightly connected that they don’t fear to lose one another to someone else and it’s not a jealousy thing either.

Reactions: Raggamuffin

Raggamuffin

Reaction score
It's nostalgic reading this thread back and transporting my mind briefly ... I'm the poly one, gotta lot of love for people! I pride on honesty - I think you can do what suits you without causing hurt to others but remember to also let others do what they will. Beauty of a line from a classic reggae song 'Every man do his thing a little way different'. Don't hurt people, but also have the strength to not allow yourself to get hurt, where this is possible. Openness and honesty go miles.

I guess as well for the record, I had found what I would have called a very real connection, but their views were held tightly in monogamy which took the place over their emotions at the time. It made me sad for a little while, but I wish them absolutely nothing but well!

Last edited:
Reactions: PrisMiQue

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads