Breaking Free

DownandOut

Reaction score
I have less than a week left in the army after 7 years. I don't agree with the war and the more I look at society the more broken it seems. I am about to travel the world by way of free flights through the airforce and a small income for the rest of my life. I'm living in anchorage now and love the place everyone needs to experience AK. I realize I probably don't quite fit in here but I get along well with ramblers and prefer a simple life. Hopefully I'll cross paths with some of you I'm heading to Hawaii then Bmore for a min and the AT. Going to Europe after Thanksgiving.

jjoshea

Reaction score
welcome back. i was with the usmc 22 mau in lebanon 82 83, since then several wars have passed and thousands have died to fill the pockets of the corperations. at the moment out of work and struggling with the fact that my culture is my enemy, im about to take a trip myself at this late age.been going over these very free folks riding the rails and admire their sense of adventure and general courage. always been a wild thing.

DownandOut

Reaction score
What bothers me is the Afghans had nothing to do with 9/11 but because our president at the time was in bed with the Saudis who contributed 15 of the hijackers and the leader we attacked a country where Saudis train. When I was there I saw people who were uneducated and easily manipulated by fear and religion but when I looked around at my soldiers I saw the exact same thing.

jjoshea

Reaction score
here in ashville i was recently at a stand down for the local homeless vets.there were nearly 1500 homeless or nearly homeless vets there,one pay stub away from being on the street myself, i was left terribly confused about my country,and the future of those i love.so what is there to do? who listens or cares about our experience? so many brothers and sisters have turned to addiction,silence suicide etc etc. im gonna hit the road for awhile. i wanna see this countrywith the fake wanna be illusions all the sheeple bust their balls for. i checked out some of the photos on this site riding the rails,living with simple possessions,testing themselves and their survival skills,but walking in peace. alaska most be atrip. i grew up in missoula co. montana.not quite the wilderness up your way but outthere

Sydney

Reaction score
Website
www.sunnywar.com
What bothers me is the Afghans had nothing to do with 9/11 but because our president at the time was in bed with the Saudis who contributed 15 of the hijackers and the leader we attacked a country where Saudis train. When I was there I saw people who were uneducated and easily manipulated by fear and religion but when I looked around at my soldiers I saw the exact same thing.
Thats deep man.

Reactions: steviemack

Sharkbite

Reaction score
I was in the Navy for 4 out of 6 years do to the Navy being fucking intolerant and ignorant. I've done technician stuff after getting out but the work was horrible and dangerous. My friend told my about her travels and I'd always thought about doing it but never really thought I could do it. I'm totally ready to do it soon even though I'm gonna go to college in the spring. I'll probably do it in the summer after classes. What the Navy doesn't tell people is you can see the world but you can't experience it because they had curfews at like 9:00 -11:00 p.m and a stupid "buddy system". I'd love to travel and not have to listen to anyone and just enjoy myself.

jjoshea

Reaction score
im like gathering gear and and chacking over maps. im in great physical winter spent in helmsville mt. off the grid,which consisted of 12 hr. days gathering wood water fixing solar and wind turbine hunting plus dealing with my crazy man uncle whos up there to stay and hardly even wants to go to deerlodge or missoula for foodstuff.here in n.c plenty of mountin bike roofing and other stuff physical,and its like for me just walk point alone.treat every with respect,as brothers and sisters. speak softly.stay sober and aware,cause the demons are out there

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads