Bought me a winter home!

Adonis

Reaction score
Well the jeep broke down for the last time(for me) and I sold it, So I see these 3 trailers on a guys property I know and went over to ask him about them and the next thing you know I am buying one!(it's getting way to cold for camping anyhow) He is letting me keep it in his driveway while I do work on it and then its going into the wilderness where I will stay in it for winter. I also sold my lap top to pay for the material being used to rebuild the trailer into something suitable for me. I plan to use a mix of propane, solar power and wood burning for heat/cooking/water etc. I have been visiting the Re-Store(habitat for humanity) for some of the stuff and even found a brand new water filter there for $15.00!

Here is some pics in various stages of the project but in no particular order. I'll post more when its finished and at its new location.

Reactions: kurbster

Adonis

Reaction score
Thanks.

It's been a bit of a project since I gutted the entire thing less the gas furnace and existing room for the "loo" which I left in place. Its actually being outfitted with a reg household toilet that was given to me just yesterday.

I love those tiny homes! and actually have several of the floor plans saved to hard drive. I have spent many hours thinking on how to fit them into a the Canadian market with the goal/possibility of me selling my own designs within the near future. ;)

Adonis

Reaction score
lol yes it sure is! there is a matching blue jacuzzi bathtub that goes with it as well! unfortunately a 16 x 7 trailer just is not big enough for that :p

I became a minimalist out of necessity but have grown very fond of it in a way. Personally I simply want to be left alone and live how I want and choose or in essence what I feel it to be as truly free in my natural human unalienable rights.

However it works out I am content to have it become apart of the non stop adventures that is my life. Now if I could just find a nice girl willing to live this lifestyle with me, I would be truly eternally happy! ;)

dirtyfacedan

Reaction score
Right on! sounds like your winter will be a real living experience! I miss those years ago, living on the hill (so i could get out on the CB for entertainment) in an old prison school bus, on Saltspring island. This sort of living keeps us all tough as nails!!

Adonis

Reaction score
It should be pretty cozy for the winter when finished, I mean I have slept outside in -50 temps with just a sleeping bag albeit I was 10 years younger then :p So/but this will suit me well I think. Now installing my CB is actually a good idea! never even thought of trowing it in there.. ;)

dolittle

Reaction score
Cool camper, lotsa potential. Question, though... Where in the wild do U plan to park it? Do U know a place the law won't bust U? Do U have a friend of a friend with some woods?
Building good shelter for 1 or 2 is a snap. My problem is getting property where I can do my thing hassel free.

kurbster

Reaction score
That's a real slick camper. Not too big, I'm sure most vehicles would tow it.

I want to sell my mobile-home and buy a camper about that size as soon as I have enough money to get a truck to tow it.

blackcat

Reaction score
Super cool camper, looks nice and roomy 2.
I lived in one for the past 6 months and it really isn't to bad.
I was living in southern California.
Wondering if it will be comfortable in the winter up there.
the idea of using solar energy is a great one.
post an image when your finished building i am curious towards the outcome.

goodluck

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads