Boots/Jade McCray | Squat the Planet

Boots/Jade McCray

croc

Reaction score
58383559_781330975597557_6102239338874011648_n.jpg

She and her friend who was her passenger died in a car accident on June 2 when they crashed into another car. She was speeding down the road, allegedly close to 60 mph over the limit.

In October of last year, on our way from FL to jambo, @Koala and I stopped in Waycross to catch out to Nashville. We stopped at a DQ near a junction that u may or may not have read about elsewhere.
As soon as we entered the parking lot the employees were watching us walk up. There's always that kind of anxious moment before u walk in, wondering how they'll react to two smelly, dirty exhausted lookin travelers.
As soon as we walked in, Boots greeted us and asked if we were travelers. Having friends who ride, she could tell what we were up to.
She bought us food and we sat outside with her for her smoke break n talked about life. Tho I think koala's eyes were glued to the cc most of that time lol. She offered for us to come crash with her and get showers, but we told her we have a deadline and are trynna make miles.
After adding each other on Facebook and she extended an invite for a future shower n place to stay, we parted ways to go to the hop out.

She and I kept in touch over the next couple months and I visited her again last December. Again, she (and this time her family too) took southern hospitality to its most wholesome level by welcoming me into their home and making sure I have everything I need. That story is in my "hopping on the fly for the first time ft dead bird" or something like that post.

Anyway, this is long winded but fuck. She was so fucking kind and fun and free spirited and a good mom.
It's hard to stomach two people so young dying from such a preventable accident.

Rest easy, Boots. U were a lovely lady.

Koala

sleeps 22 hours a day, eats chutes and leaves
Reaction score
Website
ciggybuttbrain.wordpress.com
RIP Boots. She really did make me feel so welcome and at ease in Wayx. A true "trail angel" of the rails.

I'll never forget the absolutely indulgent, delicious concoction she made and shared of French fries covered in DQ chili and cheese sauce and bbq sauce. I felt terrible afterwards but damn it was good.

croc

Reaction score
Reactions: Juan Derlust

WyldLyfe

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
Sorry Croc an Koala for what happen to ya friend Jade, an her passenger. Don't want to move this thread away from OPs topic but some people I knew died in a car smash back in 2011, where going really fast, some got thrown 50m out the car in the crash.. only one girl out of four people survived it only with some scratches an bruises, Don't drink alcohol or do drugs an drive guys, drive smart an safe. Heres a picture of the crash im talkin bout. They were all young 16-22.

2641412-3x2-940x627.jpg

Last edited:

RoadFlower33

Born Wild
StP Supporter
Reaction score
RIP Boots, tho your journey continues, rest ez

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads