Boots/Jade McCray (1 Viewer)

croc

Vagabond
Current Location
Roads n rails
58383559_781330975597557_6102239338874011648_n-jpg.50654_Boots/Jade McCray_Obituaries_Squat the Planet_8:50 PM

She and her friend who was her passenger died in a car accident on June 2 when they crashed into another car. She was speeding down the road, allegedly close to 60 mph over the limit.

In October of last year, on our way from FL to jambo, @Koala and I stopped in Waycross to catch out to Nashville. We stopped at a DQ near a junction that u may or may not have read about elsewhere.
As soon as we entered the parking lot the employees were watching us walk up. There's always that kind of anxious moment before u walk in, wondering how they'll react to two smelly, dirty exhausted lookin travelers.
As soon as we walked in, Boots greeted us and asked if we were travelers. Having friends who ride, she could tell what we were up to.
She bought us food and we sat outside with her for her smoke break n talked about life. Tho I think koala's eyes were glued to the cc most of that time lol. She offered for us to come crash with her and get showers, but we told her we have a deadline and are trynna make miles.
After adding each other on Facebook and she extended an invite for a future shower n place to stay, we parted ways to go to the hop out.

She and I kept in touch over the next couple months and I visited her again last December. Again, she (and this time her family too) took southern hospitality to its most wholesome level by welcoming me into their home and making sure I have everything I need. That story is in my "hopping on the fly for the first time ft dead bird" or something like that post.

Anyway, this is long winded but fuck. She was so fucking kind and fun and free spirited and a good mom.
It's hard to stomach two people so young dying from such a preventable accident.

Rest easy, Boots. U were a lovely lady.

Click here to buy one of our amazing custom bandanas!

Juan Derlust

Resident itinerant paradoxymoron
Current Location
EITHER: 1) on thin ice OR: 2) in hot water
👁
💧

that's no joke though I have no connection with the decedent

your final pronouncement is what hits home
(as I put on my scolding shawl)

slow down, folks

though our own judgment may be flawed now and again, the laws of physics are never wrong

for those who think I'm channeling creature, I had a near miss tonight so attribute my haiku to PTSD...
12cc85e6-9222-4974-af6f-29b572696c39-jpeg.50657_Boots/Jade McCray_Obituaries_Squat the Planet_9:06 PM

Last edited:

Koala

sleeps 22 hours a day, eats chutes and leaves
Current Location
NY
Website
ciggybuttbrain.wordpress.com
RIP Boots. She really did make me feel so welcome and at ease in Wayx. A true "trail angel" of the rails.

I'll never forget the absolutely indulgent, delicious concoction she made and shared of French fries covered in DQ chili and cheese sauce and bbq sauce. I felt terrible afterwards but damn it was good.

WyldLyfe

Wayfarer
Current Location
Australia
Sorry Croc an Koala for what happen to ya friend Jade, an her passenger. Don't want to move this thread away from OPs topic but some people I knew died in a car smash back in 2011, where going really fast, some got thrown 50m out the car in the crash.. only one girl out of four people survived it only with some scratches an bruises, Don't drink alcohol or do drugs an drive guys, drive smart an safe. Heres a picture of the crash im talkin bout. They were all young 16-22.

2641412-3x2-940x627-jpg.50660_Boots/Jade McCray_Obituaries_Squat the Planet_4:18 PM

Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D Clothing 6
Mattypnx Miscellaneous Gear 20
Inuyoujo Clothing 20
BenAxeMan Clothing 5
PatchTwist Miscellaneous Gear 7

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Support StP!

Donations go towards paying our monthly server fees, adding new features to the website, and occasionally putting a burrito in Matt's mouth.

Total amount
$32.77
Goal
$100.00

Monthly Goals

1. Paying the Bills
    $32.77 of $50.00
    The first $50 in donations go towards paying our monthly server fees and adding new features to the website. Once this goal is reached, we'll see about feeding Matt that burrito.
  2. Buy Matt a Beer
    $32.77 of $75.00
    Now that we have the bills paid for this month, let's give Matt a hearty thank you by buying him a drink for all the hard work he's done for StP. Hopefully his will help keep him from going insane after a long day of squishing website bugs.
  3. Feed Matt a Burrito
    $32.77 of $100.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt has a beer in his hand, how about showing him your love by rewarding all his hard work with a big fat burrito to put in his mouth. This will keep him alive while programming new features for the website.
  4. Finance the Shopping Cart
    $32.77 of $200.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt is fed, perhaps it's time to start planning for those twilight years under the bridge... if only he had that golden shopping cart all the oogles are bragging about these days.

Latest Status Updates

Love the update yo, looks greaaattt
@Matt Derrick im digging the site man. clean, organized ez as hell to navigate on desktop and mobile. keep it up. we appreciate you.
Been a while, not even Christmas yet and I'm already stir crazy. My hours got cut down at work too so it's gonna be a rough cold season...
It's going to take me a few days to get through updating the website design so please pardon our crust.
Headed east only uncle Pete knows where too though!!!
Childgoddess wrote on MirandaLeigh's profile.
Hello there! how's it going? just saying a friendly hello, I heard your from tbay too, just looking for some likeminded friends here.
My man back in jail :( its only a month, but it hurts as hell without him, how to cope.
The website is going to look a little funky today while I tweak some things. Look out!

Staff online