Boot rot.... | Page 2 | Squat the Planet

Boot rot....

Vagabond82

Reaction score
4101-4399 W 7th St, Little Rock, AR 72205, USA
Sandals are great, but work best if you're switching from say a well ventilated shoe. I've gone from wearing boots to sandals, the boots were not well ventilated, so my feet had issues with cracking skin due to drying out with having more air to them, so if you do have an issue like that I recommend carrying some Vitamin E lotion.

Anagor

Reaction score
Website
anagortravelling.wordpress.com
try to be barefoot as much as possible

Yep, can second that. I don't like boots, but of course in some situations they are the best footwear you can have (esp. in cold, wet weather, for support while walking long distances, protection, etc.)

Said that, if I wear boots I take them off as soon as I can and switch to flip flops (if I have any) or just stay shoeless.

So, except blisters (cause of wearing broken shoes) in the last years I never had any foot problems. :)

Reactions: beersalt

Time4Change

Reaction score
Yeah epson salt (magnesium sulfate) is amazing, not only does it contain magnesium as stated above but also contains sulfur which is an amazing fungicide!

Another option that could help is making a medicated oil with tea tree and eucalyptus oil in coconut oil (or any affordable oil as a carrier) and treating your feet with it - as well as goldbonds for putting in shoes/boots

Best of luck, fungal infections suck big time.

• Useful
Reactions: angerisagift

solvablejunk

Reaction score
So I'm pretty sure I have pretty bad athletis/travler foot. My toe nail fell off not too long ago and the stench is uh...bad haha. Any natural/alt medicine cures to this?
tea tree oil for athlete's foot, youd wanna dilute tea tree oil in some carrier oil such as almond oil or coconut oil or vit e it's cheap and apply it to the affected areas. I recommended that you avoid taking this by mouth. Only on the feet themselves. No oral intake! Not fun.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads