Boot rot.... | Squat the Planet

Boot rot....

beersalt

Reaction score
Website
m.soundcloud.com
So I'm pretty sure I have pretty bad athletis/travler foot. My toe nail fell off not too long ago and the stench is uh...bad haha. Any natural/alt medicine cures to this?

• Haha
Reactions: Freerange
D

Deleted member 125

take off yer stinking socks. soak yer feet if possible in warm water with 1 to 2 pumps of scentless dial antibacterial soap (or you could use a wet wipe just try to keep them clean) keep yer feet DRY. dont wear socks until yer feet get better as wearing socks will make yer feet sweat. try to be barefoot as much as possible without getting yer feet filthy. boot rot sucks dude, gotta remember to change those socks and dont sleep with yer damn boots on anymore!

beersalt

Reaction score
Website
m.soundcloud.com
I never sleep with em on, I'm no Greene or oogle lol. It's been a surprise for me beCause I do try and be barefoot as much as possible.ive never had this problem before because I tend to take as much care of my feet as possible. One of those "it'll never happen to me" moments but yea, prevention I've been good at but I got it so now I need a cure lol

beersalt

Reaction score
Website
m.soundcloud.com
Hahaha oh man I deff stink, I hope you guys have a shower cuz I hardly ever take adventuage of one but uh... Yea I could probably use it

D

Deleted member 125

I never sleep with em on, I'm no Greene or oogle lol. It's been a surprise for me beCause I do try and be barefoot as much as possible.ive never had this problem before because I tend to take as much care of my feet as possible. One of those "it'll never happen to me" moments but yea, prevention I've been good at but I got it so now I need a cure lol

just keep em dry and clean and try to stay off them as much as possible (i know its basically impossible), as long as you dont get infected it outta go away in a week or so. if you notice soars or extreme swelling thats when you got a real problem, but otherwise its pretty managable.

S

Squatmasterflex

Hahaha oh man I deff stink, I hope you guys have a shower cuz I hardly ever take adventuage of one but uh... Yea I could probably use it
Thats a givin for anybody we bring home. Line em up for the shower. Also Spraying your feet down with hydrogen peroxide then a quick rinse nightly on the road always helped me from never getting boot rot.

• Haha
Reactions: beersalt

beersalt

Reaction score
Website
m.soundcloud.com
I kinda hate hippies but also do the hippie shit when it comes to meds, I hate hydrogen peroxide and the such. Tends to exacerbate the problem a lot of times. No swelling or sores yet just nail loss and uh like I said quite a rancid smell. The nail loss worried me most

beersalt

Reaction score
Website
m.soundcloud.com
And when I mention the smell mind you I'm used to smelling like shit, but this is pretty noticeable and normal BO never makes me embarrassed but I feel like an asshole for taking my shoes off nowadays lol

D

Deleted member 125

I kinda hate hippies but also do the hippie shit when it comes to meds, I hate hydrogen peroxide and the such. Tends to exacerbate the problem a lot of times. No swelling or sores yet just nail loss and uh like I said quite a rancid smell. The nail loss worried me most

ide be most concerned about that no-nail getting infected. you might wanna take extra care of that particular toe, it sounds like yer getting housed up at least for a bit? keep that fucking no-toenail toe clean as you can (duh) and ide recomend possibly keeping it loosly wrapped so it doesnt get stuck to the inside of yer sock unless yer changing socks at least once a day. infection is way more serious then just regular boot rot so take care of that toe for sure. my ex lost a toe nail not to long ago not from boot rot...the second toe nail just decided it didnt want to be part of the family anymore and left town. im sure you already know but take care of them feet man!

beersalt

Reaction score
Website
m.soundcloud.com
The nail has grown back for the most part the smell is really the issue at this point. Thanks for all the pointers!!! That's why I love this site, no judgment just honest direct communication.

Reactions: Shaka
D

Deleted member 125

Best suggestion I have to offer is to soak your feet in a epsom salt bath, it will help heal your feet as well as killing off the athletes foot fungal infection. You can also use Betadine which can be found OTC

epsom salt would be great but might sting like hell on that no-toe nail.

Vagabond82

Reaction score
4101-4399 W 7th St, Little Rock, AR 72205, USA
Also if you want to keep the athletes foot away I recommend using baking powder put a good amount in each shoe and move it around to get everywhere, toss them into a bag, wake up the next morning and dump the powder out. Should smell fresh again and will absorb a bit of moisture.

EDIT: Not true to the post above mine "The main substance of Epsom salt is magnesium, which is helpful for woundhealing. In fact, this substance does not trigger stinging sensation on an open wound and instead, gives a soothing sensation. Hence, Epsom salt has been widely used for enhancing wound healing and inhibiting infection progress" http://woundcaresociety.org/epsom-salt-burn-open-wounds

Also I worked as a RNA back in 2011 for a couple years. Epsom salt or Betadine soak were the 2 main methods we would suggest for people with foot infections or athlete's foot.

tacopirate

Reaction score
Ugh. I know the feeling. I always wear leather boots and I'm not great at changing my socks. When I was in the hospital they gave me a medicated soap for mrsa (yeah, I know), and it helped a lot with the smell. I always carry flip-flops for that kind of situation and to air my boots out a bit. Sucks carrying a heavy pack with no boots, though. GL

Reactions: beersalt

landpirate

campervan untilising nomadic traveller
Reaction score
Soaking your feet in warm water and vinegar helps. I had a really bad case of foot rot a few years ago (totally self inflicted from not taking my boots off) but the vinegar really helped.

Also, if you put some bicarbonate of soda in your boots and leave it as long as you can while you're not wearing them. Shake it out before you put them on, it'll really help get rid of the stink.

D

Deleted member 125

Also if you want to keep the athletes foot away I recommend using baking powder put a good amount in each shoe and move it around to get everywhere, toss them into a bag, wake up the next morning and dump the powder out. Should smell fresh again and will absorb a bit of moisture.

EDIT: Not true to the post above mine "The main substance of Epsom salt is magnesium, which is helpful for woundhealing. In fact, this substance does not trigger stinging sensation on an open wound and instead, gives a soothing sensation. Hence, Epsom salt has been widely used for enhancing wound healing and inhibiting infection progress" http://woundcaresociety.org/epsom-salt-burn-open-wounds

Also I worked as a RNA back in 2011 for a couple years. Epsom salt or Betadine soak were the 2 main methods we would suggest for people with foot infections or athlete's foot.

huh i had no idea epsom salt was good like that, thanks for the info.

Mongo

Reaction score
What kind of shoes do you wear? You might want to find yourself a pair of toe covering sandals.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads