Boone/Maestro/Condemnedtodrift from Greensboro | Squat the Planet

Boone/Maestro/Condemnedtodrift from Greensboro

BigB

Reaction score
Everyone, I have terrible news. My blood brother of 16 years, Mr. Boone Angel, aka Maestro aka @condemnedtodrift left this earth unexpectedly on June 17 in our hometown of Greensboro, NC. He hadn't travelled in a few years but he loved the life. At the time of his passing, he was a rising senior at UNC-Charlotte, studying electrical engineering. His service was presided over by his best friend Jason and we sent him off to the sounds of Chopin, Bad Brains and Winnie the Pooh. The service concluded with Woody Guthrie's Hobo's Lullaby.

I'm all tore up. I always wanted to travel with my friend. Now that I've all but quit my job since this loss, I may hit the road for the first time but it just won't be the same. I will post pictures and I would love to hear any stories you all have of my friend. Lurking here the past day I already recognize some aliases. He loved Portland, Oregon and spent time in Berkley and Oakland, CA, New Orleans, LA and Richmond, Va.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hillbilly Castro

Reaction score
Sorry to hear it, friend.
It won't be the same to hit the road now, but perhaps you might know of one of his loftier travel goals he never got to accomplish, and you yourself can go and accomplish it with him in mind.

Reactions: BigB

bryanpaul

Reaction score
sorry to hear.... i hung out with him many years ago ... i think in savannah... i met thousands of people on the road and remember very few of them.... but i remember him ... R.I.P.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads