Boone/Maestro/Condemnedtodrift from Greensboro (1 Viewer)

BigB

Lurker
Current Location
Greensboro, NC
Everyone, I have terrible news. My blood brother of 16 years, Mr. Boone Angel, aka Maestro aka @condemnedtodrift left this earth unexpectedly on June 17 in our hometown of Greensboro, NC. He hadn't travelled in a few years but he loved the life. At the time of his passing, he was a rising senior at UNC-Charlotte, studying electrical engineering. His service was presided over by his best friend Jason and we sent him off to the sounds of Chopin, Bad Brains and Winnie the Pooh. The service concluded with Woody Guthrie's Hobo's Lullaby.

I'm all tore up. I always wanted to travel with my friend. Now that I've all but quit my job since this loss, I may hit the road for the first time but it just won't be the same. I will post pictures and I would love to hear any stories you all have of my friend. Lurking here the past day I already recognize some aliases. He loved Portland, Oregon and spent time in Berkley and Oakland, CA, New Orleans, LA and Richmond, Va.

Last edited by a moderator:
We sell all kinds of other stuff in our Etsy store!

Hillbilly Castro

Wanderer
Current Location
Westernville, NY
Sorry to hear it, friend.
It won't be the same to hit the road now, but perhaps you might know of one of his loftier travel goals he never got to accomplish, and you yourself can go and accomplish it with him in mind.

ScumRag

me, hellarity, oak, ca. about 2006
Lifetime Supporter
Current Location
San Diego, CA
Did he ever hang out at IRC on Washington around the winter of 2013? If so i still talk to a few cats that moved on from gso & up to nyc.

Thanks/condolences

bryanpaul

Rambler
Current Location
eastern shore of Maryland
sorry to hear.... i hung out with him many years ago ... i think in savannah... i met thousands of people on the road and remember very few of them.... but i remember him ... R.I.P.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Sheeves Urban Exploration 10

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Support StP!

Donations go towards paying our monthly server fees, adding new features to the website, and occasionally putting a burrito in Matt's mouth.

Total amount
$20.00
Goal
$100.00

Monthly Goals

1. Paying the Bills
    $20.00 of $50.00
    The first $50 in donations go towards paying our monthly server fees and adding new features to the website. Once this goal is reached, we'll see about feeding Matt that burrito.
  2. Buy Matt a Beer
    $20.00 of $75.00
    Now that we have the bills paid for this month, let's give Matt a hearty thank you by buying him a drink for all the hard work he's done for StP. Hopefully his will help keep him from going insane after a long day of squishing website bugs.
  3. Feed Matt a Burrito
    $20.00 of $100.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt has a beer in his hand, how about showing him your love by rewarding all his hard work with a big fat burrito to put in his mouth. This will keep him alive while programming new features for the website.
  4. Finance the Shopping Cart
    $20.00 of $200.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt is fed, perhaps it's time to start planning for those twilight years under the bridge... if only he had that golden shopping cart all the oogles are bragging about these days.

Latest Status Updates

just now saw yet another article of people talking photos of themselves and falling into a waterfall and being pummeled into drowning - why people why - i recall when i first heard something like this out at Silver Falls eas of Corvallis, I think it was 2012 or 2013, but it never ceases to amaze me that it happens so much all over the world
Hitched into Quebec City, got a free wristband to a music festival with The Offspring and Blink-182 playing!! Good times, now off to Charny, back on the rails!
'All I know is that I dont know nothin'
Fillmore, California... California is the ultimate shithole..!!!
how many of you get inspired when you watch 'into the wild'??? i know it always makes me want to hit the road.
Faceplant wrote on NotmybestNotmyworst's profile.
Come here, let me give you a big, loving hug. But don’t pick up the soap.
Looking for folks in Nyc, tips also welcome!
Im absolutely alone (aside from my dog) because EVEN HERE i have to deal with cunts like you.
NotmybestNotmyworst wrote on Faceplant's profile.
Call me fucking lazy again!