Books that have inspired you in life

Avering

Reaction score
I'll say that the books that inspired me greatly in life were most likely A series of Unfortunate Events, )When I was much younger)
And more recently, The Idiot, by Dostoevsky.

I have read a lot of movies based on books and I'd say that the books must be great, so I'll also tell you some of those movies:
Lord of the rings, trainspotting, ghost in the shell(manga), harry potter

Reactions: Mankini

CXR1037

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
jack kerouac's sexist, but his literature is undeniably inspiring and exciting, and easy to read.
happy reading :D

I think Kerouac was more a product of his generation than a sexist (but I haven't read the entirety of his works, so I could be way off on this).

I seriously think everyone should read more Latino authors. Bolano, Mario Vargas Llosa (reading Death in the Andes right now, it's epic), Borges, even the guys like Gabriel Garcia Marquez.

cxR - "everything that begins as a comedy ends as a comic monologue, only we aren't laughing anymore."

christianarchy

Reaction score
All Dorothy Day.
Daniel Quinn - Ishmael
Shane Claiborne - Common Prayer, Jesus for President, Irresistible Revolution.
The Bible.
Margaret Atwood - Oryx & Crake.

Reactions: Mankini

foxx

Reaction score
ah, i love anything by Kerouac. as a kid my favorite was A Tree Grows in Brooklyn by Betty Smith. One of my favorites now is The Catcher in the Rye by JD Salinger, i've never found a character i could relate to so well. i'm currently in the middle of Wherever You Go There You Are by Jon Kabat-Zinn, and it's fantastic

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads