Biking the country, travelling the world, seeking opportunities in the spiritual realms

Mossy

Reaction score
Website
www.etsy.com
My name is Mandalin I am 20 years old. I am currently travelling by bicycle around the country with my flute, hula hoop, jewels and art. I have been travelling for a couple years now and am trying hard everyday to spread my roots. I have wwoofed in Portugal and found myself extremely interested in organic living. I am a vegan, which is not the absolute easiest way to eat while travelling and dumpstering. I am looking for opportunities, information, places, shamans, guidance, courses, meetings, gatherings, fests, Anything that would be useful for my travels. My current route right now is through new mexico, then to Flag staff AZ, then north through Southern Utah, then to Colorado And to make my way to the National Rainbow gathering in Montana this Summer. Plan on going to harvest season In cali this fall and then on my way south the border to central and south america for the fall winter. My plans are open based on opportunities that I find.

Basically looking for Any opportunities, Especially free, in these places and any others that involve any of my interest; spiritual enlightenment, yoga, acro yoga, meditation, permaculture, organic lifestyles, hula hooping, psychedelic experiences, music, sound play healing, native people, art of all forms, henna, rocks, crystals, rock hunting, reiki healing, dance, rainbow family, holistic medicine, accupuncture, massage, primitive skills, botany, like minded people, eco villages, healers, plant gathering, Events, traveling by sea, work trades, etc, All these things and more that i have not listed or dont know about yet!!

Always trying to expand my field of consciousness. Sharing love, spreading light. Living free and peacefully. Thoughts, ideas, compassion All welcome.

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
Be safe out there my friend - I too am a long distance bicyclist - mostly with a SAG following me - but have done some 3 days by myself (female here as well) - some drivers of vehicles are not kind to bicyclists - yet you will meet some who are (probably bicyclists as well).

Mossy

Reaction score
Website
www.etsy.com
What is a SAG? Thanks for the good intentions :) I have met a lot of people, Not so many bicyclists though! I have been biking now for about four months, encountering really beautiful folks.

Thanks again :)

Reactions: ByronMc

Tude

Reaction score
Sorry - SAG - is short for SAG wagon - it is a support vehicle for long rides - some are a tourist kinda thing and some are what I have done - where a group gets together and plans on a long ride and schedules a truck to follow with extra tools, tires, food, tents, etc. Rather fun, can be expensive though. I met on one trip to Toronto around Lake Ontario - a group of college students who were touring during the Summer - they were from Norway - and spending the Summer biking Canada - and they had a school bus following them as their "SAG wagon". They were also traveling light - just light camping, no motels --- and they did say they were terribly tired of PB&J's. Fun to meet people on the road!

Tude

Reaction score
I haven't been out on the road in a couple years and have been measuring up my equipment and want a good 5 day solo this year. And hats off to you on all your endeavors!

barefootinbabylon

Reaction score
My current route right now is through new mexico, then to Flag staff AZ, then north through Southern Utah, then to Colorado And to make my way to the National Rainbow gathering in Montana this Summer

If you end up in Flagstaff, go south a little ways to Sedona... I've never been there myself, but have always wanted to ~ it is a land of extremely potent spiritual/energetic vortices, and as such, has attracted a variety of 'alternative' folks, of all stripes and colours. So I've been told ~ like I said, can't vouch for it myself. But oohhh, Sedona ~ it's on my list, at some point. :)

Here's some websites that may be of service to you on your travels, ranging from intentional communities (you already know about WWOOF, and most of these are fairly common knowledge, as well), but...

directory.ic.org (Intentional communities)
growfood.net (WWOOF-like website ~ they make you paayyy to join, though) :\
helpx.net (unlike WWOOF and growfood, they have free registration, and a wide range of opportunities, not just agricultural, and all over the world!)
www.digihitch.com ~ another solid website for 'alternative minded' folks, browse the threads for some good organizations/gatherings/festivals and whatnot.
www.crewfinder.net (sea travelin's)

Abroad:
http://www.volunteersouthamerica.net/

I'm also quite set on headin' South of the border again next winter, and this website is a god-send, since many volunteer ops abroad are through NGOs, and have severely ridiculous placement fees. Although some of these places do 'charge' for your services, usually includes room and board, and all the money goes back into the organization. Hurrayyy!!

I wish you the best of luck in your travels; it sounds like you have a good, solid and broad set of interests that go far beyond 'drinking and spanging,' which gets old on this board at times. (sorry to offend anyone, love y'allz!) <3 Keep us posted about your travels; maybe we'll meet up on the Road someday. Cuidate, chica, and love and light, alwayz.

Namaste, Blessed Be,
~ melissA

ByronMc

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
love this !

Mossy

Reaction score
Website
www.etsy.com
Sorry - SAG - is short for SAG wagon - it is a support vehicle for long rides - some are a tourist kinda thing and some are what I have done - where a group gets together and plans on a long ride and schedules a truck to follow with extra tools, tires, food, tents, etc. Rather fun, can be expensive though. I met on one trip to Toronto around Lake Ontario - a group of college students who were touring during the Summer - they were from Norway - and spending the Summer biking Canada - and they had a school bus following them as their "SAG wagon". They were also traveling light - just light camping, no motels --- and they did say they were terribly tired of PB&J's. Fun to meet people on the road![/quote]

Oh- I have seen people biking with the vans behind them! definitely. It does seem really expensive though. Awesome that you get to share peoples adventures :) way to go. Thanks

Mossy

Reaction score
Website
www.etsy.com
If you end up in Flagstaff, go south a little ways to Sedona... I've never been there myself, but have always wanted to ~ it is a land of extremely potent spiritual/energetic vortices, and as such, has attracted a variety of 'alternative' folks, of all stripes and colours. So I've been told ~ like I said, can't vouch for it myself. But oohhh, Sedona ~ it's on my list, at some point. :)

Here's some websites that may be of service to you on your travels, ranging from intentional communities (you already know about WWOOF, and most of these are fairly common knowledge, as well), but...

directory.ic.org (Intentional communities)
growfood.net (WWOOF-like website ~ they make you paayyy to join, though) :\
helpx.net (unlike WWOOF and growfood, they have free registration, and a wide range of opportunities, not just agricultural, and all over the world!)
www.digihitch.com ~ another solid website for 'alternative minded' folks, browse the threads for some good organizations/gatherings/festivals and whatnot.
www.crewfinder.net (sea travelin's)

Abroad:
http://www.volunteersouthamerica.net/

I'm also quite set on headin' South of the border again next winter, and this website is a god-send, since many volunteer ops abroad are through NGOs, and have severely ridiculous placement fees. Although some of these places do 'charge' for your services, usually includes room and board, and all the money goes back into the organization. Hurrayyy!!

I wish you the best of luck in your travels; it sounds like you have a good, solid and broad set of interests that go far beyond 'drinking and spanging,' which gets old on this board at times. (sorry to offend anyone, love y'allz!) <3 Keep us posted about your travels; maybe we'll meet up on the Road someday. Cuidate, chica, and love and light, alwayz.

Namaste, Blessed Be,
~ melissA

Thank you so much for all this info, I have heard of most of the websites but some are new to me! I think I am going to check out Sedona and Camp Verde around Flagstaff, there are some really nice hot springs in the area.

I plan on trying to hitch a boat or work exchange down to south america, I knew about findacrew.net im glad to have another connection. I have met a few people that just go to ports and hang for a couple days and talk to people that are leaving, Normally get really good gigs. It sounds exciting :)

Thanks again for all the info!!! It is so appreciated. Much Love!

travelin

Reaction score
sedona is well worth seeing. very crowded on the weekends.

look on the maps and figure a route along the mogollon rim. real pretty country.

prescott valley is worth seeing.

Mossy

Reaction score
Website
www.etsy.com
i have heard really good things about that as well, i plan on hitting up the whole area. there is a farm collective that i am going to stay at near flagstaff. really excited to be apart of that conscious moving area. Thanks for sharing friends <3

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
It's cool to see more people traveling by bike, I think it's a rad way to travel. And tanks for posting those links, informative stuff!

Odin

ANTISOLIPSIST
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Lots of good links. Thank you.
So many ways to travel... what to choose? Bike, Rubber tramping, sailing (moxies documentary +!), trains... hitching, leather...etc.

Well maybe I'll take up cross country biking. :)

Good travels mossy... and everyone.

PS: whats in the basket? grape tomatoes? >.>

man of the forest

Reaction score
Lots of good links. Thank you.
So many ways to travel... what to choose? Bike, Rubber tramping, sailing (moxies documentary +!), trains... hitching, leather...etc.

Well maybe I'll take up cross country biking. :)

Good travels mossy... and everyone.

PS: whats in the basket? grape tomatoes? >.>
or Berries?

cport420

Reaction score
Been thinking of doing this myself with my girl. Though we may end up selling my motorcycle to get a van I'm wanting to get two bikes with trailers. That shit would be cool. Put our dog in one bike trailer supplies in the other.

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
You could get a bike rack for your van too.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads